Senior Vice President, Head of Model ManagementApply Job ID: R-022381 Date posted: 04/19/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations NC-Remote , SC-Remote , SD-Remote
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
SVP, Head of Model Portfolio Management,
- Are you looking for an opportunity to lead the proprietary model management effort at a major broker/dealer?
- Would you enjoy the responsibility of directing, marketing and growing a model management franchise?
- Does membership in the firm’s dynamic asset allocation committee interest you?
- If so, being the Head of Model Portfolio Management at LPL Financial may be a good career fit for you.
LPL is seeking a Senior Vice President, Head of Model Portfolio Management to join its Investment Research department. This individual will be responsible for leading LPL Research’s investment management process, managing across multiple investment mandates, directing a team of investment professionals, and driving adoption of LPL Research’s centrally-managed effort. The Head of Model Portfolio Management will be instrumental in guiding the department’s portfolio model efforts from a portfolio marketing and content perspective and will work with corporate stakeholders and advisors to raise the model platform’s visibility. He or she will also contribute to the communication of the firm’s investment views via conference calls, webinars, and at LPL events.
As a senior leader of the Research department the Head of Model Portfolio Management will collaborate as a key constituent of the firm’s Strategic and Tactical Asset Allocation Committee (STAAC). As a guiding member of the Committee, he or she will be instrumental in setting the asset allocation framework used in steering the firm’s multi-asset portfolios.
This role will report directly to the Director of Research and work closely with multiple key members of firm leadership, marketing, advisor consulting and public relations teams to help solidify the firm’s position as a formidable model portfolio manager.
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
Central to the Head of Model Portfolio Management’s success over the first 90 days and beyond will be the ability to establish mastery over the current investment process and risk-management protocols. The ability to quickly assume ownership of the Research Department’s investment model platform and influence its marketing approach will be an early mark of achievement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- 10+ years of experience in managing discretionary multi-asset investment portfolios.
- Strong cross-asset knowledge and application of portfolio construction and risk management concepts.
- Demonstrated success of navigating a large organization and leading a team of seasoned investment professionals.
- Ability to run an investment franchise including the prioritization and management of simultaneous projects while demonstrating supreme accountability.
- Proficient in the utilization of analytical software and data sets such as Bloomberg, FactSet and BarraOne.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to collaborate across a large organization and to meet the needs of a various financial advisory practices.
- An applicable university degree; with an advanced degree and/or CFA designation preferred.
- Series 7 and Series 66 or Series 65 preferred; or willingness to obtain.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.