Senior Vice President - Security OperationsApply Job ID: R-016214 Date posted: 07/20/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The SOC manager is responsible for managing activities relating to monitoring and responding to security events. Additionally, this position is responsible for the development and oversight of the SOC program to ensure personnel are managed and operational efficiencies are maintained. A leadership position, the SOC manager works with multiple technology platforms and interfaces with other groups within IT security operations, IT security architecture, any offshore partners, and other technology and business functions.
The role requires technical competence and experience managing diverse teams. Additionally, the role requires familiarity with recent threats and adversarial techniques, as well as the ability to quickly understand complex environments. Business and interpersonal skills are essential to manage risk to the business, interface with other business units and develop SOC analysts. The SOC manager contributes to the company IT security strategy and roadmap, and is an excellent communicator at both the staff and executive levels.
Essential Job Duties
- Manage a team of associates and (potentially) onsite and offsite contractors to monitor for and respond to security events 24x7x365.
- Plan and execute regular incident response and postmortem exercises, with a focus on creating measurable benchmarks to show progress (or deficiencies requiring additional attention).
- Automate repetitive tasks and drive efficiencies so analysts can work on more advanced tasks.
- Manage security event investigations, partnering with other departments as needed.
- Evaluate and update SOC policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Develop metrics and scorecards to measure risk to the organization, as well as effectiveness and efficiency of SOC associates.
- Partner with the security engineering team to improve tool usage and workflow, as well as with the advanced threats and assessment team to mature monitoring and response capabilities.
- Manage career development for a team of associates, including training and mentoring, conducting performance reviews and exhibiting behaviors to be modeled by team members.
- Develop skills and capabilities for associates, ranging from interns to Senior analysts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- At least 10+ years of information security monitoring and response or related experience.
- Experience managing people, including technical staff.
- Experience managing a 24x7 operational environment.
- Focus on recruiting, developing and retaining employees.
- Excellence in communicating business risk from cybersecurity issues.
- Experience driving measurable improvement in monitoring and response capabilities at scale.
- Experience managing security information and event management (SIEM) systems, threat intelligence platforms, security automation and orchestration solutions, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), file integrity monitoring (FIM), data loss prevention (DLP) and other network and system monitoring tools.
- Experience in investigations using formal chain-of-custody methods, forensic tools and best practices.
- Track record of acting with integrity, taking pride in work, seeking to excel, being curious and adaptable, and communicating effectively.
- Highly effective communicator with ability to influence business units.
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Leverages strategic and tactical thinking.
- Works calmly under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates effective decision-making skills.
- Is highly trustworthy; leads by example.
- Track record of successful personnel management.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information assurance, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of related experience in managing a SOC required.
- CISSP, CISM and/or SANS certification a plus.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.