Service Manager, Customer SuccessApply Job ID: R-019879 Date posted: 01/19/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
As a Manager of the Service organization, you will lead a team of 6 Service Professionals and 1 Case Manager that will support LPL Financial’s top tiered advisors (Executive Council & Chairman’s Council) via multiple communication structures such as phone, email and chat. The advisor inquiries will range from something as simple as an account balance to the complexity of helping resolve unique financial transactions. You will be responsible for inspiring and engaging your team members in a manner consistent with LPL Financials values. No matter what the situation, your team’s duty remains the same:
Providing our clients with timely, correct, and relevant information, when and where they need it so that in turn, they can help their clients achieve their own financial dreams. With a shared understanding of the advisors business practice, you will work closely in a POD structure with Relationship Management, Supervision and Marketing Regulatory Review teams to elevate and deliver greater value. You will participate in monthly or quarterly calls with the advisors to share operational NIGO key learnings while partnering with the PAR team and the Client Experience Manager in modifying or creating advisor facing performance metrics.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirt, work great in a team environment and a passion for coaching, facilitation, and addressing challenging interpersonal dynamics, this would be a rewarding career for you.
The Expertise Were Looking For
- Bachelors preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum Series 99 required within 90 days
- 3+ years leading and developing others
- Proven ability to lead, develop and coach professionals while possessing strong mentoring and employee development skills.
- Demonstrated high degree of professional maturity and leadership
The Skills You Need
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and challenge your team to tackle the opportunities for improvement
- Discover and craft a development plan filled with tasks and deliverables that are personalized to the employees growth strategy
- Comfort with ambiguity with an ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, growth-oriented and dynamic environment
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Foster a culture of engagement, diversity and inclusion
- A positive can-do attitude; willing to "get in the weeds" with employees
- Utilize the principles of continuous improvement and advisor feedback to streamline and enhance processes and procedures
- Resourceful in navigating across the organization to get work completed and issues resolved
- Constantly working on developing team members for succession planning.
- Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Lead from the front and embody the firm’s mission and values – and understand how to educate and reinforce
The Talents You Deliver
- BE BALANCED- Juggle multiple tasks, while maintaining focus
- BE PROACTIVE- Take a solution oriented approach to escalated items
- BE CURIOUS- innovate, identify and take action on process improvements
- BE COURAGEOUS- identify potential areas of opportunity for staff and provide ongoing coaching
- BE ENTREPRENEURIAL- understand your role as a business owner and strive to elevate the status quo
- BE A MOTIVATOR- Conduct meetings to recognize and share new information with your staff
The Empowerment of Your Role
LPL is transforming our culture and our commitment to the ease of doing business. Making it easier for advisors to do business with us is our No. 1 priority. No matter what your role or department, at LPL we all own this. Knowing this we are all empowered to make things simpler and do what is best for advisors and their investors.
The Quality You Deliver
At LPL financial, our work makes a difference. That is why we share a passion for doing it ethically and exceedingly well. Because we have a clear focus and we are empowered to deliver results, we see every day that we are creating something special together.
LPL Financial has a “we” philosophy rather than a “me” philosophy. Our benefit packages are built to support our colleagues and their families by providing programs that foster health, peace of mind, work/life balance, as well as support for your financial and social goals and commitments. Sound too good to be true? See for yourself and learn more about our benefit offerings.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.