Software DeveloperApply Job ID: R-007922 Date posted: 11/19/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Area of Expertise:
- Design, develop, test and implement technical solutions based on business requirements and strategic direction.
- Hands on Web and C#/ .Net development experience integrating multiple application platforms.
- Utilize and build RESTful and SOA backend services.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, optimize and enhance existing systems.
- Collaborate with other development teams, enterprise architect, quality assurance engineers and business users.
- Work independently with Business Partners, Technology Architects, Product Managers and Business Analysts to shape ideas and requirements into applications following industry standard guidelines for code/database maintenance and performance.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders and application integration partners.
- Application resiliency, scalability and performance design.
- Quick prototyping skills leveraging Visual Studio and/or other tools to create stub services etc.
- Minimum 3+ years of Development experience in Web and .Net stack and web services (REST/SOAP).
- Hands on experience with MS SQL design, stored procedures and query optimization.
- Design patterns and coding best practices.
- Knowledge of estimation, tools and principles.
- Multithreaded application development.
- Awareness/knowledge with PaaS/IaaS cloud-native applications.
- Risk management, contingency planning.
Tooling Experience Required:
MS Visual Studio, Microsoft TFS, Visio, Postman, SOAP UI, SQL Server Query Execution Tools, Team City, Octopus, Jira.
Preferred Other skills:
- Self-driven and quick learner abreast of latest Technologies.
- Should have a good sense for Code Architecture and Design Principles.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.