Sr Analyst, Business Analytics and Process ImprovementApply Job ID: R-002184 Date posted: 03/09/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Reporting to the VP, Analytics and Process Improvement, you are responsible for evolving and leading our process improvement team. We are looking for a visionary who gets excited about gathering and using data insights to drive related business decisions at all levels. The right candidate thrives on answering business questions with data; developing complex modeling that serves business needs, and driving organization change using lean methodology. Your role will partner with multiple teams throughout Service, Trading and Operations to build better, more efficient workflows and processes. You will work with a team of analysts to provide actionable analysis and reporting to managers and executives, and interface with other business units to serve their data analysis needs.
- Deliver reporting solutions – Provide expert level consulting to identify and support Service, Trading and Operations and business reporting and data needs, initiate and prioritize reporting tool enhancement, and prepare reporting solution specifications
- Lead the interpretation of data to identify significant differences, relationships, and trends in data, as well as factors that could affect the results of research. Report results of statistical analyses in the form of graphs, charts, and tables
- Build partnerships with technical teams – work with the Analytics team, Business Technology Services (IT), and external vendors to deliver tools and system solutions, and provide regular review and assessment of the business solution performance and adoption
- Responsible for the implementation of business analytics
- Provide leadership in identifying the proper reporting required to decisions and recommendations to achieve client, program, and business objectives
- Summarize written findings, publicize results, and participate and share with senior leadership as appropriate
- Develop predictive models for operational performance based on process improvement opportunities
- Manipulate and analyze large datasets using analytic features of multiple tools
- Identify statistical analysis techniques required to deliver insights
- Advance the use of complex analytical techniques and statistical thinking across STO Analytics
- Serve as an active participant on cross-functional project teams and provide guidance and training to teams in asking appropriate questions, interpreting data, and translating into action
- Develop and maintain appropriate benchmarks with other organizations; connect outside (industry and competitors) observations with views of the LPL Business
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have experience in the financial services industry and in applying logical and analytical reasoning skills combined with seasoned judgment, creativity and ingenuity to facilitate discussions, determine and execute next steps, and make independent decisions/recommendations, which typically have significant impact on the organization.
In addition to being highly organized, key characteristics of the ideal candidate include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance or similar required, MBA strongly preferred
- 7+ years experience performing business or operational analytical functions
- Advanced to Expert level Excel, Access or SQL skills
- Advanced to Expert level PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated financial modeling experience
- Financial Services or Broker/Dealer industry experience strongly preferred
- Business Case Analysis development and/or consulting experience is a plus
- Ability to evaluate and provide solutions to complex situations and problems
- Very strong analytical skills coupled with effective verbal and written communication ability
- Effective team player
- Desire to learn and grow as well as help others learn and grow
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise way
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Customer service and / or operations knowledge or experience is a plus
Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence senior leaders
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.