Sr Analyst, Business MgmtApply Job ID: R-004820 Date posted: 10/19/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is currently hiring a senior analyst to be a part of the Business Intelligence (BI) team within our Investor and Investment Solutions group.
The Business Intelligence team plays an instrumental role in the distribution strategy, reporting, and analysis of LPL’s investment solutions. The Business Intelligence group is responsible for leading firm wide efforts, which enable data driven decision making throughout the firm. The overall objective of the group is to ensure that LPL is leveraging data driven insights to execute against priorities, which drive growth, improve profitability and support the client experience.
1. Partner with the Business to develop deep analyses on how sales activities, advisor trends, and marketplace events affect results. The focus of the output should be to provide senior management an understanding of ‘why’ sales trends are occurring at LPL and to influence sales tactics and strategy to equip management teams with information and insights to develop the ‘how’ to respond.
2. Ability to structure and develop recommendations to solve complex problems leveraging analytics (data mining, data visualization, and financial modeling).
3. Conduct ad-hoc analyses as appropriate to support priority business projects; respond in a timely manner to ad-hoc questions from executives.
4. Collaborate and build effective relationships with business partners across the company.
5. Ability to think independently, creatively problem solve, and connect various thoughts, observations, and results into innovative solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related discipline is required
- Financial Services industry experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office product suite (Excel, PowerPoint), including an ability to visually convey information and insights through graphs, charts, and other means
- Experience working with dynamic data visualization tools like Tableau a plus
- Experience in working with relational databases, e.g., SQL Server, Oracle is a plus
- Ability to translate findings into business insights and to communicate them in a way that is clear and meaningful
- Ability to synthesize and work with various data types from a variety of sources, e.g., financial, survey, third party vendor, and macroeconomic
- Strong teamwork and experience in collaborating with individuals across lines of business, functional areas, and different levels of an organization
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.