Sr. Analyst, Market & Client InsightsApply Job ID: R-004820 Date posted: 01/02/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Client Insights plays a strategic role at LPL as we seek to measure, understand, and drive improvements in all aspects of the client experience. The Senior Market Research Analyst will be part of an entrepreneurial, high-performing team that is building out LPL’s client insights capabilities to empower client-centric, data driven decision-making at LPL.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Management of client research projects, including research design, research execution, data analysis and identification of insights, and the creation of management reports and other project deliverables
- Collaborating and building strong relationships with internal business partners across the company to better understand how to support their client insights needs
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities and contributing to the ongoing evolution of LPL’s client insights strategy, including building out best practices, new capabilities, and scalable tools
- A client-centric mind-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the end-to-end client experience.
- Knowledge of market research best practices, including problem formulation, research design, research execution, analysis/interpretation, and compelling communication of results to enable focused action
- Experience executing a range of market research methodologies, e.g., surveys, in-depth interviews, focus groups, research panels/communities, etc.
- Ability to translate research findings into business insights and to communicate them in a way that is clear, meaningful and actionable for senior management
- Proven ability to independently and efficiently manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment to deliver outstanding results
- Analytical mindset and basic data analysis skills
- Ability to find creative solutions for project execution and data challenges
- Strong teamwork and experience collaborating with individuals across functional areas
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), including demonstrated ability to interact effectively with business partners at all levels
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite
- Retail financial advice industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related experience, or MBA (or other relevant advanced degree) and 2+ years of relevant experience
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.