Sr. Analyst, Continuous ImprovementApply Job ID: R-006939 Date posted: 06/25/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
We are currently looking to hire a Sr. Analyst of Continuous Improvement for our Execution Management Team within our National Sales and Consulting organization.
The Sr. Analyst will be part of an entrepreneurial, high-performing Continuous Improvement team that is building out LPL’s Client Experience ecosystem. Client Experience plays a strategic role at LPL and is a critical element of business success.
As a Sr. Analyst, you are someone who has demonstrated success being part of high-performing teams, process re-engineering and optimization preferably in the financial services industry. Success in this role will be based on your ability to: synthesize and translate client experience data and insights into manageable, pragmatic continuous improvement initiatives; connect the dots to package these insights into presentations and business cases to create alignment among senior leadership; develop the execution approach behind these initiatives; and support a common vision among the staff to optimize the holistic effectiveness of the team.
- Synthesize client experience data and insights into tangible, pragmatic and actionable initiatives
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level; focusing on quality improvement through data analysis; developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending waste elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones where needed
- Tackle complex projects that may span across multiple business units and/or processes
- Own enterprise analysis responsibilities such as planning and scoping several inter-related initiatives and helping senior-level business stakeholders make informed decisions about which initiatives to tackle and how to tackle them
- Provide project level analysis producing required project documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, process and client journey mapping and current vs. future state mapping)
- Assist with leading and mentoring junior and mid-level analysts to achieve optimal results across the Execution Management Team as well as with the Continuous Improvement Department
- Stay current with customer needs and strategies; utilizing formal and informal written communication methods (for example, emails, PowerPoint presentations, executive updates, task lists, etc.) to communicate updates and findings; and facilitating project meetings and presentations
Qualifications and Experience:
- Data-driven mindset, with a pragmatic lens and a bias towards action
- Proven experience in process re-engineering and related tools (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, Customer Journey and Process Mapping)
- Intellectually curious, with strong analytical skills
- Motivated by the idea of building a new continuous improvement capability within the firm
- 5+ years of experience in project management or business analyst related roles with a broker dealer, RIA, investment or financial services firm (preferred). At least 3+ years of experience applying process re-engineering tools and techniques in the financial services industry (preferred)
- Strong and demonstrated communication, problem solving and decision making skills
- Passion for driving the Advisor and Investor experience and ability to persuade others to share this vision, collaborate and execute
- Ability to identify and solve problems within the target scope, while having the foresight to see beyond the initial problem, preparing for potential downstream impacts
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team without direct reporting lines, as well as willingness to jump in and support other teams or activities regardless of description
- Must have experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests
- Strong project management background with the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point
- Must be a persuasive, confident and driven professional with the ability to work with like-minded team members in a results-oriented, fast paced growing environment
- Ability to build and develop strong professional relationships across all levels of the organization
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Experience Required: 5+ years
- Highly capable in Excel, Word, Visio, Tableau, Planview and MS Project and/or Smartsheet
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.