Sr Analyst, FinanceApply Job ID: R-002272 Date posted: 02/09/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is seeking a strong candidate to join our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. As a trusted business partner, you will lead analysis and forecasts to help our management team make informed decisions. You will partner with colleagues in finance and in the business units to develop timely, accurate, and insightful analyses, metrics, and forecasts. The ideal candidate has a combination of strong business acumen, technical and corporate finance knowledge, high attention to detail and organization, and excellent communication skills. The ability to work within a team, take initiative, and interact effectively with business partners and all levels of management is critical.
The FP&A group plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial information. This team is integrally involved in strategic and general financial analysis including supporting growth initiatives, creating forward trend analysis, and evaluating investments using cost-benefit and return on investment models. Another primary responsibility is working with business partners across LPL to review financial results on a monthly basis, capture variance explanations, and support the forecast and budget planning processes. Lastly, this group is tasked with the reporting of financial information in various forms including monthly executive packages, board of director presentations, and sales & asset reporting.
- Work closely with cross-functional business partners to understand and provide insights into financial performance and forecasts
- Prepare and deliver compelling, accurate, and visually effective financial presentations
- Lead the preparation of detailed budgets and forecasts via a 24 month rolling forecast process
- Track divisional headcount changes and provide insight into the resulting financial impact
- Ad hoc analysis and additional responsibilities as required
- Identify areas of improvement and implement effective solutions
- Strong communication, listening, presentation, and writing skills
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with enterprise systems and reporting tools a strong plus (OBIEE, OFA, Hyperion or other SAS reporting tools)
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team and work with minimal oversight
- Strong organization skills, ability to prioritize and to manage multiple ongoing work streams
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- High level of motivation and initiative
- BA/BS in Finance, Business, Economics or related discipline is required
- 5+ years of finance-related experience
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.