Sr Analyst, FinanceApply Job ID: R-002399 Date posted: 03/12/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer and fourth largest broker/dealer with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker/dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
Come join LPL Financial as a member of our Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) team, one of the most visible departments in the organization. As a trusted business partner, you will lead deep analysis and key forecasts to help our management make informed decisions. You will work with business partners to develop metrics, budgets, reporting, and forecasting for the Technology group. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen and technical knowledge to develop and deliver tools and analysis enabling informed and targeted decision making to drive continuous improvement.
The FP&A group plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial information and partnering with the company’s business units providing overall financial decision support. This team is integrally involved in strategic and general financial analysis, including supporting growth initiatives, forward trend analysis, infrastructure projects and investment evaluations utilizing cost-benefit and return on investment models. Another primary responsibility of the group is to work with business partners across LPL to review financial results on a monthly basis, capture variance explanations and reforecast items, and support the budget planning process. Lastly, this group is tasked with the reporting of financial information in various forms including but not limited to monthly executive packages, board of director presentations, budget summaries, and sales & asset reporting.
- Working closely with cross-functional business partners to understand and provide insights to monthly performance and forecasts
- Presenting and reporting to senior management on financials
- Development of business metrics and dashboards
- Ad hoc analysis and additional responsibilities as required
- Identify high-level conceptual process improvements within the existing Hyperion applications
- Recognizing system inefficiencies and implementing effective solutions
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- In depth knowledge of financial reporting processes
- MS Excel and PowerPoint expert
- Strong systems and process mindset; experience with enterprise systems and reporting tools a definite plus (OBIEE, OFA, Hyperion or other Saas reporting tools)
- Strong project management skills
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to take complex factors and create concise and decision supporting analysis is essential.
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Commitment to excellence and integrity
- High level of motivation and initiative
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is required.
- 3-5 years finance-related experience, professional services experience preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.