Sr Analyst, Production SvcsApply Job ID: R-002034 Date posted: 02/16/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Supporting high profile applications by doing morning health checks, resolving incidents, regularly checking performance of the application, proactively improving the health of the application and partnering with development and infrastructure support to improve application availability and provide a great customer experience.
- Provides 24x7 application production support. This includes but is not limited to the following activities:
· Analyze and resolve complex technical problems, including performance tuning, and application design and debugging.
· Diagnose Performance and Capacity issues related to Windows Servers and supported applications
· Review code (.Net ASP, C++, Powershell, TSQL) and reverse engineer to determine fault and performance enhancements.
· Responsible for assisting with hardware sizing for Capacity & Performance.
· Proactively research and recommend enhancements to improve capacity, performance and reliability.
· Exceptional troubleshooting skills
· Windows 2008 and greater Server Architecture, Design & Maintenance
· ITIL Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management
· Proficient with scripting
· Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, Database Consistency Checks Experince
· Knowledge of basic SQL query creation
· Knowledge of Web Server Tuning, IIS, Java, Tomcat, Apache.
· Experience in using tools like SQL Profiler, Windows Performance Monitoring utility and performance counters for monitoring
· Understanding of Web Server tuning and optimization for IIS, Tomcat, Apache.·
· Perfmon, Blackbox, Solarwinds, Tibco, VMWare, Citrix knowledge is a plus
- Good Team Player
Experience and Education:
· 5 years of combined experience with Documentum and Captiva or similar systems
· 5 years of experience with monitoring tools
· 5 Years of experience with application support
· 3 Years of combined experience with Incident, Problem and Change Management Systems.
- Knowledge of .Net and Angular is helpful
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.