Sr Analyst Risk and RegulatoryApply Job ID: R-003807 Date posted: 07/10/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Sr. Analyst – Risk & Regulatory
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Analyst in LPL’s BTS organization. Under the direction of the Application Development Manager, the Senior Analyst will assist in gathering requirements, managing product backlogs and assisting customers with meeting their technology needs. The position will perform data mapping and query analysis to assist with report development and maintenance. This position will also involve team coordination around design, development and release activities.
The candidate should be capable of developing a vision for high quality products and have the drive to ensure that the vision and success criteria are met.
- Gather requirements from users; document analysis using business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Schedule and lead requirements and design discussions with customers of all levels throughout the company including executives
- Innovate on out of the box solution that leverages the holistic knowledge of Compliance, Trading, New Accounts etc.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Perform query and reporting analysis; document data sources and mappings to support reporting and other data requirements
- Be a liaison between the application development team, other technology teams and project and relationship managers
- Manage and ensure requirements are met through the entire SDLC process by participating in design discussions, QA, UAT and deployment
- Translate business requirements into a solution and analyze tradeoffs between effort and return on value. Socialize these tradeoffs with the project team and stakeholders • Ensure requirements and test cases have appropriate sign offs and solutions are effective. Actively work to resolve issues users when requirements clarification is needed or to facilitate sign off on test cases
- The candidate should be comfortable functioning in a leadership role with development teams that consist of programmers and analysts both on shore and off shore
- Ability to innovate and explore possibilities, ability to match business needs with technology solutions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Experience with financial services industry a plus
- Strong skills in MS Office suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with MS Access
- Experience with SSRS and SSIS
- Adept at SQL queries, report writing and presenting findings
Working knowledge of TFS, JIRA, QC, Aha! and other project management tools
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.