Sr. Analyst, Sales AnalyticsApply Job ID: R-011900 Date posted: 11/20/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Do you have 3+ years of analyst experience, including the creation of data visualizations in Tableau, dashboards, and macros in Excel?
Are you analytical, detail-oriented, and agile-minded with an insightful understanding of B2B sales?
Are you ready to ignite growth in LPL’s thousands of financial advisors across the country through the enablement of our best-in-class sales professionals?
If your smile just grew three times the size, this could be the role for you!
The Sr. Analyst within the LPL National Sales - Sales Analytics and Enablement team will support senior members of the organization and work directly with business unit representatives from across the firm on various reporting initiatives to improve new sales, client retention, and profitability across the National Sales organization. The Sales Analytics and Enablement team acts as a centralization point for work that supports tasks/initiatives that affect multiple business solution offerings within the organization.
The Sr. Analyst will manage assignments that are varied and complex and require logical and analytical reasoning skills combined with seasoned judgment, creativity, and ingenuity. You must enjoy working with large volumes of data, can think independently, creatively problem-solve, connect various thoughts in a clear and concise manner, and deliver relevant insights and recommendations. You must be comfortable presenting insight analysis in front of leadership stakeholders.
What will you do?
- Financial Reporting Creation and Analysis - provide senior management guidance on sales, profitability, and financial trends within the marketplace through the creation and analysis of management and financial reporting
- Gather information from disparate and numerous sources and systems, develop and maintain spreadsheets, and communicate findings in a clear and concise manner
- P&L Budgeting and Forecasting - leverage subject matter expertise for both financial and non-financial metrics as assigned
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses as appropriate to support priority business projects; respond in a timely manner to ad hoc questions from executives
- Partner across teams to identify data sources and develop processes to efficiently access data for analysis purposes
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and can execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, a related discipline, or equivalent experience is required; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in business analytics or financial analytics required
- Financial Services industry experience with an understanding of the investment space is preferred
- Advanced experience in Excel (including macros), relational databases, and data visualization tools; e.g. SQL Server, Tableau, dashboarding, SmartSheet, Access, etc.
- Prior project management experience and an ability to contribute to and/or manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team, take initiative, and interact effectively with business partners leveraging strong interpersonal and written communication skills, including an ability to discern relevant information and highlight for an executive audience
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.