Sr Analyst , TechnologyApply Job ID: R-007777 Date posted: 08/11/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Sr. Analyst – Risk & Regulatory Technology
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Analyst in LPL’s BTS organization. Under the direction of the Application Development Manager, the Senior Analyst will assist in gathering requirements, managing product backlogs and assisting customers with meeting their technology needs. The position will perform data mapping and query analysis to assist with report development and maintenance. This position will also involve team coordination around design, development and release activities.
The candidate should be capable of developing a vision for high quality products and have the drive to ensure that the vision and success criteria are met.
- Gather requirements from users; document analysis using business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Schedule and lead requirements and design discussions with customers of all levels throughout the company including executives
- Innovate on out of the box solution that leverages the holistic knowledge of Compliance, Trading, New Accounts etc.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Perform query and reporting analysis; document data sources and mappings to support reporting and other data requirements
- Be a liaison between the application development team, other technology teams and project and relationship managers
- Manage and ensure requirements are met through the entire SDLC process by participating in design discussions, QA, UAT and deployment
- Translate business requirements into a solution and analyze tradeoffs between effort and return on value. Socialize these tradeoffs with the project team and stakeholders • Ensure requirements and test cases have appropriate sign offs and solutions are effective. Actively work to resolve issues users when requirements clarification is needed or to facilitate sign off on test cases
- The candidate should be comfortable functioning in a leadership role with development teams that consist of programmers and analysts both on shore and off shore
- Ability to innovate and explore possibilities, ability to match business needs with technology solutions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Experience with financial services industry a plus
- Strong skills in MS Office suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with MS Access
- Experience with relational Databases MSSQL or Oracle is desirable
- Adept at SQL queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Working knowledge of TFS, JIRA, QC, Aha! and other project management tools
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.