Sr Analyst, TreasuryApply Job ID: R-001550 Date posted: 12/11/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join our team as a member of Treasury Operations, Capital Markets, and Insurance, one of the most visible departments in our organization. As a trusted business partner, you will lead deep and thoughtful analysis to help our management team make informed decisions. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen and technical and operational knowledge to develop and deliver tools enabling informed decision making and driving continuous improvement.
The Treasury Operations, Capital Markets, and Insurance group plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial information, management of its liquidity and capital structure, and risk mitigation. This team is directly involved in strategic and general financial analysis, including, but not limited to, liquidity monitoring and management, optimization of capital structure, and monitoring and mitigating risk.
- Support day to day Treasury operations including but not limited to processing and review/approval of wires, ACH’s, daily settlements, reconciliations, cash forecasting, bank access changes, etc.
- Support Capital Markets related analyses and presentations
- Support insurance operations such as claims and indemnification processing, captive tracking and reporting, and data gathering and analysis for coverage decisions
- Work with other departments to support related business functions and ensure successful cross functional projects
- Analyze critical data and present findings and recommendations in areas such as efficient allocation and use of banking services and related fees, effective transfer of risk to 3rd party insurance coverages, and optimization of LPL’s captive insurance company
- Prepare presentations and reporting to senior management on liquidity, capital structure, insurance decision points, and other strategic growth initiatives
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- In depth knowledge of financial reporting processes
- MS Excel and PowerPoint expert
- Experience with enterprise systems and reporting tools a definite plus (treasury workstation, OBIEE, OFA, Hyperion or other SaaS reporting tools)
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team, take initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical
- Ability to take initiative and create concise and decision supporting analysis is essential
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- High level of motivation and initiative
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is required
- 5 years corporate treasury, finance, investment banking, or corporate development experience preferred
- Financial Services industry or risk management experience, MBA, CPA, CFA, CTP a plus
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.