Sr Business Analyst, FinanceApply Job ID: R-007718 Date posted: 11/14/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is seeking talented and analytical candidates with a finance background. As a Sr Business Analyst, you will automate processes, improve reporting, provide analytical and strategic support to advisor facing CFOs, build financial models, and create and explain business metrics. The analyst will also use data extraction tools (Excel, VBA) to perform complex analysis of advisor businesses.
The CFO Solutions program at LPL acts as Chief Financial Officers for financial advisors and small business owners. The program helps advisors understand their financials and business metrics to make strategic decisions to grow revenue, profits, and increase their business valuation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Automate MS Excel processes using VBA and Macros
- Streamline and prepare reports by collecting, validating, analyzing and summarizing data
- Create key performance indicators and predict future financial trends
- Provide analytical support to advisor facing CFOs and their advisors’ businesses
- Build complex financial models to provide financial decision support for advisors
- Analyze advisor practices to help the business owners better understand their value including profitability, cash flow, areas of opportunity, and the impacts of shifts in their business
- Analyze financial statements and advise on investment opportunities
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, data science or related-field
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel (including Macros) and PowerPoint
- Financial modeling and analysis
- Strong communication required
- Highly motivated and able to perform in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products, industry, and services a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
- Excel, VBA, PowerBI, and Tableau experience
- Experience with enterprise systems and reporting tools a plus (Hyperion, Adaptive Insights, Salesforce)
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.