Sr Business Consultant, RIA SolutionsApply Job ID: R-004196 Date posted: 11/13/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Senior Business Consultant | RIA Solutions
Reporting to the RIA Channel Development leader, the Senior Business Consultant will play a critical role on LPL’s RIA Solutions team within our Business Consulting department. This is a department responsible for client efficiency, growth, retention and profitability and RIA channel development for the firm. The Senior Business Consultant will be a consultant to advisors who want to learn more about LPL’s Hybrid RIA platform (both existing and new advisors), help with coordination of the RIA strategy and assist in maintaining LPL’s RIA community. This visible role will provide the candidate with an exceptionally broad view of LPL’s business and serve as critical support for management and our RIA clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in coordinating RIA strategy across the firm
- Coordination, leveraging and deploying resources throughout the firm that are dedicated to elements of supporting the RIA channel at LPL – including coordination across product management, distribution, ease of doing business, compliance, corporate communications and strategy.
- Creating a sense of community within LPL’s 400 RIA partners, capturing their feedback and using learnings to create and manage LPL’s RIA channel development portfolio
- Consult as part of the RIA Solutions team who serve in a client facing subject matter expert role related to general RIA support, services and structure
- As an RIA subject matter expert, participate in regional or subject matter specific conferences, client events and RIA study groups regarding the industry landscape related to RIA and the LPL RIA channel roadmap
- Participate in special RIA related projects or initiatives on behalf of LE Business Consulting related to areas that impact our RIA relationships
- Improving client experience related to our RIA Relationships by capturing opportunities and working with key departments within LPL who participate in the execution/implementation of deliverables and outcomes
- A client-centric mind-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the client experience, while balancing LPL resource requirements and profitability
- A deep understanding of the RIA channel, including key competitors
- Proven ability to independently plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple work streams concurrently in a fast-paced environment to deliver outstanding results
- An in-depth understanding of the Custodian space, including key competitors, and ability to apply that knowledge to coordinate the RIA strategy and RIA portfolio execution across the firm
- Team player and experience collaborating with individuals across lines of business, functional areas, and different levels of an organization
- Action orientation, willingness to take the initiative and follow through on time and completely
- A commitment to constant self-improvement and a willingness to be coached
- Grace under pressure and a positive attitude
- Sharp strategic and analytical thinking skills along with intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to find creative solutions for project and data challenges
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite: Excel - expert, PowerPoint - expert, Word - intermediate
- High general business acumen
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.