Sr. Business Systems AnalystApply Job ID: R-006637 Date posted: 06/21/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is seeking a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) with experience in analyzing software product needs and gaps and communicating requirements, timelines and capabilities to a wide group of colleagues, customers and peers to help with our Service Transformation program. Candidates should have extensive experience in data and system analysis and be adept at investigating and solving complex data and process issues within the Financial Services Customer Service space. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required for this position, as is a strong attention to detail and an ability to build relationships with all levels within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Critically evaluate information and data from multiple sources.
- Reconcile differences and troubleshoot issues.
- Be adept at decomposing high-level business needs into technical platform specifics and explaining detailed technical concepts at a high level.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal colleagues and customers to analyze platform needs and clarify, refine and document requirements.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to translate requirements into application and operational deliverables.
- Devise application program solutions based on business problems. The designs include requirements documentation, graphical representations, and presentations that describe the desired solution or product feature. Documentation will include volume and usage estimates, user interface design concepts, integration diagrams, RACIs, application prototypes, error handling strategies, data flow designs, and specific, testable functional requirements.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to document and communicate the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be a liaison between the application development team, other technology teams and project and relationship managers.
- Lead design discussions with clients, vendors and internal resources to elicit and capture requirements and create working solutions.
- Understanding of BSA practices and deliverables. Ability to lead teams, create action plans & resolve obstacles to achieve deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to create a positive and professional business relationship with internal and external clients & vendors. Ability to take complex processes and build out workflows and process maps.
- Ability to write detailed Use Cases. User Story development containing detailed Acceptance Criteria.
- 5-8 years hands-on experience supporting Technologies and applications used by Service & Operations team for Financial Services.
- 5-8 years experience working with Advisor/Client-facing portals. Experience with CRM Case Management experience – Siebel, SalesForce.com, ServiceNow, MS Dynamics.
- Experience in a Broker Dealer or Financial Services Company. Demonstrate understanding of data modeling techniques and concepts.
- Expert experience with requirements gathering and management in Agile and Waterfall project approaches.
- Detail oriented and critical thinker. Experience in non-functional requirements gathering, traceability and UAT coordination and support.
- Demonstrable facilitation and leadership skills in requirements solicitation and review (group JAD/JAR, user interviews)
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously. Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations.
- Comfortable working independently, adapting to shifting priorities, demands and timelines in a fast paced environment Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from operational and technical perspective.
- Ability to work independently and engage other team members as needed Ability to handle full workload and meet proposed deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of data structures, data modelling, db schema is required.
- Knowledge of technologies including SQL, XML and web application concepts.
- Expert written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse groups, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Exposure to enterprise integration tools, and extract/transform/load (ETL) tools.
- Experience working with Jira and TFS.
- Working knowledge of Call Routing, IVR, Workforce Management (WFM), Speech Analytics, CTI.
- Working knowledge of Avaya, Genesys, NICE voice technologies.
- Working knowledge of Omni Channel experience – Chat, CoBrowse, ScreenShare, Chabot, SMS, Email, Web.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.