Sr Cloud Integration DeveloperApply Job ID: R-012265 Date posted: 01/07/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
We are looking to hire a Senior Cloud Integration Engineer in the Technology organization. Under the direction of the Application Development Manager, this position will help solution business requirements and technology directions to support Product Roadmaps and LPL vision. This position will involve collaboration with business partners, Architects, Quality Assurance, Release Management, and the Change Control board to plan, design, develop and implement solutions for these needs.
The candidate should be capable of designing and developing timely, high quality products, with state of the art interfaces to best solution these needs, and have the drive to ensure that the vision and success criteria are met within budget and schedule constraints.
- Design and develop scalable enterprise class applications with expertise in API, SOA, messaging and events based integration technologies in a cloud or hybrid cloud environment
- Participate in all phases of the software engineering life cycle
- Provide technical troubleshooting and advanced de-bug support
- Develop and implement high scalable core platform components and provide and support to the clients, applications and services
- Evaluate new design proposals, investigate and recommend solutions and process improvements that deliver applications with high scalability and performance
- Assist with conceptual design and rough order of magnitude (ROM) level of effort estimations
- Ensure the necessary platform technical documentation is maintained in an appropriate manner
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, IT or related field
- 7 years’ experience with product development and architecture of software, applications and services
- 5 years’ experience with AWS or hybrid cloud development
- Cloud developer or engineer certification is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of agile, design and enterprise patterns
- Advanced experience developing solutions for API, message and event streaming architectures
- Knowledge of Microservices design patterns and development is a plus
- Experience with AWS ECS, EKS, Fargate, VPC, S3, AWS CLI, RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, IAM, EC2, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk and Serverless computing is preferred
- Experience with messaging platforms like Active MQ or TIBCO EMS
- Experience with stream-processing platforms like Apache Kafka and/or StreamSets
- Experience with ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack or similar logging is a plus
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform
- Knowledge of Enterprise Integration patterns and best practices
- Familiarity with API Management and Gateway related products; Mulesoft Anypoint Platform and/or AWS API Gateway are a plus
- Knowledge of service registry, service discovery and load balancing technologies
- Knowledge of Web Services Interoperability, WS-* standards and associated technologies (XML, SOAP, JSON, WSDL, UDDI, REST)
- Knowledge of integration security methods and best practices
- Experience with object oriented programming in Java or C#
- Advanced skills of domain driven design and test driven development
- Knowledge of Relational and/or NoSQL database development and design
- Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall software development
- Familiarity with code source control, build processes, and continuous delivery
- Familiarity with Blue-Green architecture and health monitoring technology
- Experience guiding, coaching, and developing with other engineers
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to facilitate, influence and manage change to deliver solutions
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.