Sr Communication ConsultantApply Job ID R-000563 Date posted 09/12/2017
This position will provide support to all aspects of Corporate Communication, including creating internal and external communications for different projects and multiple business units as needed. This individual will support the Communication Consulting area and be responsible for planning and coordinating day-to-day employee communications to drive awareness, interest, and adoption/participation of corporate programs. In addition, this function will support the development of client-facing communications as needed. The role will also interface with other Corporate Communication areas including the Public Relations, Digital, and Corporate Events teams.
Communication Planning and Development – 70%
- Write, edit, and distribute clear and compelling communications, including announcements and profiles, business success stories, Q&As, policy updates, town hall content, scripts, speeches and talking points, surveys, and other communications.
- Support business unit lead communication consultants in developing effective, consistent, and relevant employee messaging in support of business unit goals and priorities, while working to drive employee engagement, productivity, and performance.
- Develop, support, and/or implement communication plans.
- Create communication processes, tools, and templates designed to simplify and streamline communication activities.
2. Content Management – 20%
- Assist in the planning and management of weekly content for the LPL@Work intranet home page and coordinate announcements, articles, blogs, message board postings, digital signage, and other communications to be shared with employees using various other communication vehicles.
- Manage Corporate Communication mailbox and respond to inquiries.
- In collaboration with other Corporate Communication teams, align messages and content opportunities across different audience groups.
3. Project Management – 10%
- Oversee communication-related projects, deliverables, budgets, timelines, project teams, and vendors to ensure expected outcomes are delivered on time and on budget.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to support department and company goals and to enhance the department processes.
- Develop and deliver solutions for challenging communication projects.
Other Job Duties:
-Act as a subject-matter expert on communication-related operational and editorial policies and procedures.
-Ensure a consistent tone and voice across all communication materials.
-Simplify complex ideas and make them relevant to stakeholders and audiences.
-Leverage multi-media (including web, video, social, and other media) to support Corporate Communication goals and reader/viewer engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism, Writing, or other related field
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience focused in Corporate Communication
- A proven self-starter with excellent organizational skills who thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to interact well with all levels of the organization, including senior executives, as well as external partners or vendors
- Capable of delivering exceptional work under tight deadlines
- Strategic thinking, planning, and execution abilities
- Superior writing skills required: must be able to distill often complex issues into compelling, audience-tailored communications
- Exceptional project management skills, with focus on flawless execution
- Ability to navigate roadblocks and provide smart alternate solutions while working independently with minimal direction
- Must possess attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects within deadline-driven environment and manage quickly changing priorities
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Chicago editorial style
- Experience with graphic design and multimedia/HTML/web content management a plus
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.