Sr. Communication ConsultantApply Job ID: R-013525 Date posted: 03/30/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial – Senior Communication Consultant
We’re seeking an experienced writer and communicator to provide employee communications and engagement support for Service, Trading, and Operations (STO), which is one of the largest business units in LPL. While this role will report up to the STO leadership, you will align closely with the Newsroom team within the Communication and Community Engagement (CCE) department and help execute communication plans developed by CCE. In this new individual contributor role, you will have an opportunity to create internal communications for STO leaders and departments and serve as an internal go-to contact for STO communication needs. By closely collaborating with the CCE department, you will be able to ensure your projects and work align with the firm’s strategic communication plans and reflect our corporate story/messaging arc.
Communication Planning and Development – 80%
- Write, edit, and distribute clear and compelling communications, including announcements and profiles, business success stories, Q&As, policy updates, town hall content, scripts, speeches and talking points, surveys, and other communications.
- Support business unit leads in developing effective, consistent, and relevant employee messaging in support of business unit goals and priorities, while working to drive employee engagement, productivity, and performance.
- Develop, support, and/or implement communication plans.
- Follow and use CCE communication processes, tools, and templates designed to simplify and streamline communication activities.
2. Content Management – 10%
- Participate in the planning and management of weekly content for the LPL@Work intranet home page and coordinate announcements, articles, blogs, message board postings, digital signage, and other communications to be shared with employees using various other communication vehicles.
- In collaboration with other CCE teams, align messages and content opportunities across different audience groups.
3. Project Management – 10%
- Ensure communication-related projects and deliverables are delivered on time.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to support department and company goals.
- Develop and deliver solutions for challenging communication projects.
- Offer ideas and solutions to enhance communication-related processes.
Other Job Duties: (Provide details of items that are specific and unique to this position).
- Act as a subject-matter expert on communication-related operational and editorial policies and procedures.
- Ensure a consistent tone and voice across all communication materials.
- Simplify complex ideas and make them relevant to stakeholders and audiences.
- Leverage multi-media (including web, video, social, and other media) to support company goals and reader/viewer engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism, Writing, or other related field
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience focused in communication
- A proven self-starter with excellent organizational skills who thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to interact well with all levels of the organization, including senior executives, as well as external partners or vendors
- Ability to collaborate with teams in different departments and functions
- Capable of delivering exceptional work under tight deadlines
- Strategic thinking, planning, and execution abilities
- Superior writing skills required: must be able to distill often complex issues into compelling, audience-tailored communications
- Strong project management skills, with focus on effective execution
- Ability to navigate roadblocks and provide smart alternate solutions while working independently with minimal direction
- Must possess attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects within deadline-driven environment and manage quickly changing priorities
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to learn Chicago editorial style
- Experience with graphic design and multimedia/HTML/web content management a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.