Sr. Configuration Management EngineerApply Job ID: R-008546 Date posted: 01/28/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The Sr. Configuration Management Engineer will sit within the ServiceNow Platform team to create a trustworthy and reliable ServiceNow CMDB. This individual will be a key resource in the maturation of LPL’s Configuration Management practice, CMDB and Service Mapping initiatives. The Sr. Configuration Management Engineer will collaborate with internal stakeholders, ServiceNow developers and vendor partners to drive and implement a trustworthy CMDB to be consumed across LPL’s technology teams.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of probes, sensors, scripts, reconciliation and patterns used for the identification and classification of items.
- Responsible for the implementation of service maps.
- Responsible for MID server configuration and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for the monitoring of CMDB health.
- Responsible for the Configuration & Maintenance of ServiceNow CMDB Dashboards
- Individual will work with technology teams to ensure discoverable data accuracy and relevancy.
- Investigates and resolves incidents/requests related to CI data.
- Provides technical expertise for class development and implementation, automation and integration involving CMDB.
- Previous Configuration Management Experience
- Experience with configuration management policies & best practices
- ServiceNow Discovery and/or other Discovery technologies
- Experience supporting and maintaining mid servers
- ServiceNow Service Mapping and/or other Service Mapping technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.