Sr. Consultant, Digital Content StrategyApply Job ID: R-018413 Date posted: 10/14/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations SC-Remote
Digital Content Strategist (Senior Consultant level)
Reports to: AVP, Digital Content Strategy
Funding Source: Marketing & Communications Department
LPL’s Digital Content Strategy & Operations team is searching for an experienced Digital Content Strategist who is an expert tactician, strong editor and user experience advocate. This person will plan and execute projects from concept to launch, incorporate content strategies into existing digital roadmaps, and contribute to digital content experiences that solve business challenge
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Digital Content Strategy, this role is responsible for continuously creating and optimizing written content to drive value for LPL financial advisors. You should be comfortable creating and presenting strategies, developing content and editing copy written by subject matter experts and others outside our Digital team.
The ideal candidate has been a successful member of highly motivated teams focused on content optimization in a highly regulated industry.
- 5+ years of experience in a digital content strategy role at a major financial services institution, large retailer, or other regulated industry.
- Strong writing and editing skills for B2B, B2C and B2B2C
- Create and edit user-focused content based on research, data, and insights and meets user goals, search goals, and KPIs
- Negotiate across organizations for a consistent content production lifecycle, and influence partners to embrace an enterprise content strategy
- Utilize a holistic and human centered approach to content planning and optimization, from research and insight generation to concept to deliverable
- Communicate with technical-minded colleagues, to deliver innovative solutions (i.e. content management, digital asset management, workflow solutions, etc.)
- Work with product managers, creative resources (Graphic Design and Video Production), channel owners, SEO specialists, Social Media Consultants, Content Publishers, Email producers, and analytic specialists to solve complex business problems and diverse user needs
- Partner across organizations (corporate communication, corporate newsroom, marketing, service, etc.) to create broad content strategies by aggregating, curating and optimizing existing content assets.
- Define and govern digital content strategies, and ensure any content created for online consumption is optimized for user goals, search or KPIs that help drive improved engagement.
- Employ empathy for the user to imagine and create intuitive, accessible and easy-to-understand digital experiences
- Handle multiple projects concurrently, and prioritize requirements into short and long term plans
- Adapt to and succeed in a constantly changing, fast paced environment, with the ability to be a thought leader
- Apply user-centered design (UCD) methods to identify user needs and create a roadmap to meet those needs, focused on the user, and aligned to business and technical expectations
- Strong knowledge of user experience across devices, platforms and channels
- Apply digital and UX writing best practices to drive engagement
Please, provide a web-based portfolio of writing and work samples demonstrating attention to detail, understanding of audience, and ability to deliver against project goals.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.