Sr. Consultant, Product Owner, Technology SolutionsApply Job ID: R-010752 Date posted: 07/31/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL’s Business Solutions (https://www.lplbusinesssolutions.com/) is seeking a product manager who will be responsible for developing and iterating on numerous platform offerings to deliver a superior customer experience and improve our operational capabilities across our portfolio of services. LPL Business Solutions is a rapidly growing new service of LPL that is transforming how our clients operate.
Joining our team gives you the opportunity to:
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
- Drive value and innovation with current offerings
- Plan for operational excellence
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader
- Be at the intersection of the fast growing finance and technology space
- Lead and implement best practices in technology development
- Be responsible for successfully delivering final products with required features/functionalities, overall performance and user experience.
- Work with business and technology teams to design and develop major components and key features of the products including writing functional specifications and user stories that communicate a clear and detailed blueprint of product releases including logic flows & wireframes
- Gather and adapt to user feedback on mockups and wireframes of major components of products throughout the product development process
- Deeply understand our users by collecting and analyzing past and current user data, as well as researching for potential future requirements.
- In partnership with the business leads, define technology product development roadmap, key features/capabilities, and manage the development cycles with clear schedules, deliverables and milestones.
- Drive the entire vision and delivery of innovative new products to keep the business relevant and competitive
- Conduct market research to identify user need for new products
- Prioritize product opportunities using criteria and requirements defined during research
- Establish requirements and specifications for existing and new products
- Clearly communicate the vision and goals of existing and new products
- Lead and participate in planning meetings and provide advice and guidance on the direction of products
- Demonstrate functionality of completed products to internal team members and other stakeholders
- Develop metrics to assess the success of products and features and determine necessary enhancements
- Develop market strategies and user enablement training plans.
- Collaborate with customers, team members, and outside influencers to ensure a solid and well-rounded understanding of products and developing needs
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of products, solutions, and company offerings
- MBA required
- Previous experience working with technical product teams to develop product strategies.
- 7+ years of professional technology or business experience within product management, business analysis or project management roles
- Experience in agile development, with experience in use of JIRA
- Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) technology products and managed services
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to both quickly shift between technical and business context and translate complex concepts between technology and business partners
- Familiarity with google analytics 360 and adobe marketing cloud is preferred
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, QlickView is preferred
- Strong analytical skills, Google Analytics Certified or equivalent a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.