Sr. Conversion ConsultantApply Job ID: R-020267 Date posted: 01/14/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Are you someone who thrives in a client-facing role?
Do you pride yourself on being a customer focused and exceptionally organized?
Do you have experience in business consulting or relationship management?
If so, the Conversion Consultant role could be for you!
As the Senior Conversion Consultant (CC), you will work directly with advisors transitioning their practice to LPL Financial. As the subject matter expert on LPL’s business processes and best practices, you will be the advisor’s main point of contact throughout the transition period. Your top priority will be to ensure the advisor has an exceptional experience and is prepared to transition their book of business.
If you are eager to learn and grow with us, this is the role for you. We have a robust career path where successful Conversion Consultants promote within role, or into Regional Transition Partner (RTP) roles, Project Management roles or other roles within Business Development.
What will you do as the Conversion Consultant?
- Own the advisor experience for ~45 advisors throughout their 9-12 month transition period to LPL. You will be the advisors main point of contact and will be responsible for managing the completion of all POD activities to ensure the advisor is ‘transition ready’. PODs are made up of recruiters, a conversion consultant and a transition partner.
- Deliver consultative service to each advisor, tailoring your approach to each advisors unique needs. Participate in discovery to gain familiarity with the office, provide guidance and recommendation on best practices throughout conversion preparation, ensure all key milestones and deliverables are complete prior to transition and facilitate the implementation of accommodations.
- Support the advisors’ acclimation to LPL for up to 6 months following their conversion. The Conversion Consultant is accountable for the advisors’ transition experience and will serve as their centralized escalation point by owning transition related issues that arise and working them to resolution, independently and with limited guidance.
- Provide oversight and leadership, proactively communicate strategy updates to POD Manager and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment. Report key milestone status and completions as well as transition readiness on an ongoing basis.
- Own the advisor relationship, identify unique needs, provide coaching and facilitate access to subject matter experts across the firm as needed.
What are we looking for?
We want detail-oriented, quick learners who can deliver a world-class, advisor experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced, client-facing environment, and are able to execute in a way that encourages strong collaboration and continuous improvement. A successful candidate is able to effectively navigate across LPL business units, interact professionally and appropriately with all levels of management, and execute requirements of the role with autonomy and minimal guidance.
What skills, experiences and/or education is required?
- 5+ years of experience in financial services and/or client-facing role is required
- Business consulting and/or relationship management expertise in the financial services space is required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or related field preferred
- Series 7 and 63, 65 or 66 preferred
- Intermediate level skills in MS Excel is required
- Exceptional organization and time management skills, balance competing priorities and excel in a faced-paced environment
- Have a bias for action, execute on deliverables and meet key deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills with a focus on understanding each advisor’s unique needs
- Effective issue management and escalation resolution skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong ability to build trust and respect quickly in a client-facing role
- Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time
- Adaptable, quick learners who are ready to jump in with minimal training
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.