Sr. Developer - Application LeadApply Job ID: R-006987 Date posted: 09/10/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Full stack Web (Angular) and Services (.Net, Mulesoft) Developer/Tech Guru with key focus on design, architecture, cloud development/delivery, AI and SDLC processes.
- Hands on Web and C#/ .Net development experience for large and complex application platforms.
- Develop responsive and touch friendly UIs, engaging with UX to deliver an exceptional customer and user experience.
- Responsible to define, design, develop and deploy applications/services and proof-of-concepts to build/support new and enhance existing products.
- Take responsibility for architecture, test automation, and quality.
- Work independently with Business Partners, Technology Architects, Product Managers and Business Analysts to shape ideas and requirements into applications following industry standard guidelines for code/database maintenance and performance.
- Collaborate with and lead a balanced team of developers to deliver projects/features.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders and application integration partners.
- Lead technically frontend web and backend services.
- Utilize and build RESTful and SOA backend services.
- Application resiliency, scalability and performance design.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
- Lead effectively and drive discussions to decision making.
- Quick prototyping skills leveraging Visual Studio and/or other tools to create stub services etc.
- Lead innovation initiatives on cutting edge AI, mobile and cloud technologies.
- SOA Architecture and implementation using MuleSoft.
- Agile/Scrum delivery.
- Own the team’s software development lifecycle – optimize it, tackle inefficiency and reduce waste.
- Contribute to the recruitment and selection of new team members.
- Minimum 9+ years of Development experience in Web and .Net stack.
- Code branching merging and Software Configuration Management experience.
- Unit testing and Test Driven Development (TDD) experience.
- Entitlement and identity management design and implementation (Active Directory, ForgeRock, JWT etc.).
- Design patterns and coding best practices.
- Knowledge of estimation, tools and principles.
- Design and SDLC documentation, authoring and presentation experience.
- Should have worked end to end on complex architecture driven solutions.
- ActiveMQ or any other similar Pub-Sub technology.
- Multithreaded application development.
- Work and coordinate in a global delivery model with onshore-offsite counterparts across different time zones.
- Experience in leading technology/development teams.
- Author, document and present implementation/integration designs to Architecture Review Boards.
- Cloud development and delivery exposure.
- Awareness/knowledge with PaaS/IaaS cloud-native applications.
- Risk management, contingency planning.
- Researching, technical assessment and generating heat-maps.
- Software modeling language.
Tooling Experience Required:
MS Visual Studio, Microsoft TFS, Visio, Postman, SOAP UI, SQL Server Query Execution Tools, Team City, Octopus, Jira.
- Experience developing integration services on Mulesoft a major plus.
- Experience of leading/working through SDLC processes for 5 or more projects.
- Enterprise delivery experience in a financial services organization.
- Exposure to Cloud development and delivery models.
- Mobile development experience.
- Exposure to Contact Center and telephony tools and services (Avaya, Genesys, NICE etc.).
- Experience with AI and NLP technologies (LUIS, LEX etc.).
Preferred other skills:
- Self-driven and quick learner abreast of latest Technologies and development in Data analytics, AI, Chatbot and Voice enabled Services space.
- Should have a good sense for Code Architecture and Design Principles.
- Will require very little or no handholding and can drive/lead a medium to large Team.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Team Player.
- Obstacle remover, quick decision maker.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.