Sr Developer - EDIS Reporting and BIApply Job ID: R-010335 Date posted: 07/23/2020 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
At LPL Financial we consider it our mission to take care of our advisors so they can take care of their client. The Analytics and Data Products group works with internal business teams, our key Asset Management Advisors and clients to drive value and insights from LPL's unique global data assets. The BI Development position will support custom BI development for our internal and external clients. This role will be the subject matter expert on key metrics driving decisions at LPL and will develop, manage and improve BI solutions. This position leads development of new BI products and increased adoption of BI across.
- Position is highly visible and will own the server platform and development of several executive-facing dashboards
- Interfaces across the organization to answer challenging analytical questions related to business performance
- Collaborate with custom analytics team, the broader BI platform team and Technology to develop, optimize and align BI solutions to meet business needs
- Review past projects, identify requests for similar data as candidates for broader solution development
- Define and write the code for new reports, keeping data accuracy as guiding principle
- 8+ years of experience with installation, configuration and support of BI tools like, Tableau and affiliated products.
- Serve as Administrator to perform user provisioning, performance management and upgrades.
- Expertise with Tableau BI Product Suite as an administrator and developer including Rest API.
- Ability to directly interact with key internal customers effectively.
- Manage and track end user requests for deploying dashboards and changing permissions to dashboards on Tableau Server.
- Expert in data extraction using SQL, exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to execute fast-paced and dynamic projects in a highly organized manner on a tight schedule
- Good listening and communication skills to understand core business problem internal partners are trying to solve
- Must work well in highly collaborative, matrixed and team oriented environment
- Strategic and analytical ability to synthesize and organize data/information into actionable recommendations with clear customer and shareholder impact
Skills and Knowledge:
- Extensive full-stack development experience with Tableau and affiliated products.
- Capable of effectively planning, prioritizing and executing tasks utilizing resources and tools.
- Experience working with continuous integration and delivery.
- Experience working with source control tools like TFS, GIT, Octopus, TeamCity etc.
- Experience with Power BI is a plus.
- Advanced hands-on experience in dashboard development using Tableau and connecting Tableau to different 3rd party data sets.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.