Sr. DevOps EngineerApply Job ID: R-002693 Date posted: 06/19/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Senior DevOps Engineer
Design, implement, and lead adoption strategies, culture change, standards definition, planning, including execute DevOps for existing software, IT infrastructure, and mission programs. Translate complex functional and non-functional requirements into design specifications by integrating with many different programs and engineering teams. Interact with stakeholders, other DevOps engineers.
- Design and lead the implementation of process automation solutions to improve the software delivery process.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through technical design of CI/CD processes and process orchestration, adhering to industry standard best practices.
- Be a major contributor to elevate the level of DevOps maturity at LPL.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer and/or infrastructure engineer using any or all of the following:
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform – Azure Dev/Labs, Azure CI/CD, Azure Containers, ARM Deployment Templates, VSTS CI/CD integration, Azure Service Fabric, and Azure Active Directory.
- Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP
- Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), TFS
- ServiceNow integration
- SolarWinds, Microsoft System Center
- Microsoft Office 365 hybrid configuration and workloads.
- Continuous integration and automated deployment tools such as: OctopusDeploy, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, TeamCity.
- Knowledge of alerts and monitoring tools and system management tools for all environments and configuration management and Cloud orchestration tools, including; Azure, VSTS, Ansible, Chef, Octopus, and ServiceNow.
- Intermediate or above level scripting skills using PowerShell.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to interface with both software and infrastructure engineers.
- Ability to identify good opportunities for automation or orchestration of automated processes.
- Capable of effectively planning, prioritizing and executing tasks utilizing resources and tools.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of containers, and modern cloud CI/CD features to improve end to end orchestration.
- Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies along with change and configuration management practices.
- Other: Understanding of concepts such as DevOps, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Test Driven Development, software security standards and best practices.
- Exemplary collaboration, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Superior skill and ability in multi-tasking and appropriate prioritization.
- Ability to effectively respond to dynamically changing work environment.
- Experience working with remote teams, vendors and contingent/SOW staff is a plus.
- Experience as a sysadmin with Windows and/or Linux is a plus.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.