Sr Efficiency ConsultantApply Job ID: R-009609 Date posted: 04/22/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Senior Efficiency Consultant position within LPL Financial exists to provide a consultative focus with an emphasis on client efficiency and retention through the adoption of LPL products, services, and tools to enhance client engagement, drive NNA and revenue growth, and limit institution attrition. Efficiency Consultants are responsible for partnering with a Regional Manager and related Growth Consultants to meet or exceed target results. Client interactions on a day-to-day basis include relationship management at the executive, program management, program support, and financial advisor levels for the largest and most impactful institution relationships. In addition to being partnered with a Regional Manager, associated Growth Consultants, and working directly with the largest and most impactful institutions within assigned region, an Efficiency Consultant serves as a contributor to the broader Business Consulting channel by being responsible for small to mid-sized projects and work efforts that benefit the channel.
- Partnering with assigned Region leadership and associated Growth Consultants on the resolution of “one-off” and “complex” items. This may include large projects and initiatives where multiple parties within the institution and LPL are involved. This also includes building strong relationships with assigned clients/territories. 60 %
- Identification, documentation and sharing of best practices around efficient management of investment programs. Related, Efficiency Consultants should recognize trends impacting the client experience negatively, document the impact and advocate for enhancements leveraging the available methods. 20%
- Participate in firm-level initiatives/projects, representing the interests of the Institution Services Business Consulting team and the institution client base. This would include coordinating feedback from peers and keep the larger team updated on progress and/or required deliverables. 10 %
Other Job Duties: 10%
- Provide regular reporting to clients, growth consultants, and LPL management around the function of the PEC team
- Manage client communications of key LPL updates from the appropriate internal functions (i.e. BTS, BDSS, GRC, Legal, FAIR)
- Team growth consultant subject matter experts
- Post-conversion support of new institutions – in partnership/coordination with transitions
- LPL Financial technology support and utilization (non-growth technology)
- Identify in interactions with clients opportunities for growth as well as reinforce key objectives/goals planned with growth consultants
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related discipline or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 5+ years of previous experience in financial services with both sales and service responsibilities
- Project management experience is strongly preferred
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 licenses, or ability to obtain within 90 days
- Experience with Contact Management Systems, specifically Salesforce.com, and proficiency in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with LPL Financial proprietary systems and client facing technology is strongly preferred
- Experience and understanding of the LPL Financial organization is strongly preferred
Soft skills required for the position:
Business Acumen (Client Skills)
- Relationship management
- Sales and consulting capabilities including how to influence a client's behavior and manage difficult messages
- Ability to identify different business risks and quickly assess impact to both client and LPL
- Service “Heart”
- Multi-level communication skills (i.e. front-line to executive) – including presentation skills
Building Trust (LPL Financial Navigation)
- LPL Financial generalist
- Partnership building and influencing skills
- Resiliency – willingness and ability to challenge the status quo in a professional manner
Planning and Organizing/Decision Making
- Project management and prioritization
- Critical and strategic thinking – the ability to assess a complex issue and develop a strategy to resolve
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.