Sr Engineer, Production SvcsApply Job ID: R-001369 Date posted: 02/05/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
We are currently seeking an experienced Event Management Engineer within the Technology department. Our campaign is to correlate infrastructure and application alerting into events, provide comprehensive dashboards consumable at all levels of the organization, with an ultimate strategy of preparing for eventual cloud services and containerized solutions workloads. As we raise our Event Management maturity, you will be integrating various monitoring tools into our Event Management system to drive increased visibility, expose performance insights, and increase overall availability - which will ultimately lead to best-in-class enterprise customer delivery for our clients. The ideal candidate will be a strong Systems Engineer with a passion for making tools and services deliver value, reliability, and intelligence.
This candidate must be able to work both independently and within groups/partnerships, and have experience delivering complete event management integrations. Integration work will involve gathering information and ingestion requirements from various monitoring/element management systems, subject matter experts, and runbooks, among others. The candidate will then develop the ideal connection method to consume the events, create smart event/alert rules, field mappings, correlation rules, drive and participate in feedback loops, and facilitate all-levels event/alert reporting.
- 2-3 years as a subject matter expert working in ServiceNow Event Management. This includes heavy exposure with integrating various monitoring systems using various integration protocols, such as SNMP, SOAP, ServiceNow plugins, and email (not limited to other methods)
- Exposure with other ServiceNow modules, such as CMDB, Service Mapping, Discovery, Incident/Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management, SLM, and ServiceNow reporting.
- Prominent experience in automating incidents from alerts.
- Strong experience in ITSM principles. ITIL certification is a plus.
- 5+ total years’ experience as a Systems Engineer or Software Developer
- Strong scripting skills (Powershell preferred) and the ability to script a viable solution if necessary
- Ability to work independently as well as with highly cross-functional teams
- Clear understanding of QA processes and methodologies
- Prior experience in configuration/integration with external systems/3rd party tools such as SolarWinds, Dynatrace, Spectrum, Splunk/ELK, and vCenter a plus
- Good understanding of virtualization and networking technologies
- Participate in on-call production support rotation
- Strong communication skills and experience working with a diverse range of people across multiple platforms
- Able to deliver an elegant final product that includes solution resiliency, ownership, strong documentation, the ability to train/articulate the solution with others, along with a strong understanding of the nuances/details that comprise the solution within the overall vision of the Technology team.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.