Are you someone with a strong background in financial analysis? Do you strive to be a best in class business partner? Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Senior Analyst, Finance will play a highly visible role on the FP&A team supporting the Operations division. You will be responsible for creating analyses, financial models, management reporting, robust forecasts, and ultimately supporting recommendations that help business and finance executives make informed decisions and improve profitability. The team is integrally involved in strategic investment analysis, including the support of growth initiatives and business case analysis. The ideal candidate has a combination of strong business acumen, corporate finance knowledge, and communication skills.
- Act as a liaison between FP&A and the Operations division
- In partnership with the business, review operating expense results, identify variance explanations & resulting action items, and support forecasting & budgeting planning processes
- Create and/or support the development of financial related models and ensure they are accurate and periodically updated to reflect evolving business dynamics
- Play a key role in the development of the Operations driver-based, volume forecasting models to more effectively support resource planning needs
- Effectively interact with varying levels of Operations and Finance colleagues
- Focus on continuous improvement in all financial related processes, leveraging technology and other resources
- Help create accurate, compelling, and effective financial centric presentations
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or a related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years working in Finance, FP&A, Strategy, or Management Consulting
- Financial Services industry experience
- At least 4 years of progressive experience using advanced features of MS Excel, Hyperion or similar system, and supporting creation of executive level PowerPoint decks
- Solid communication (verbal & written), problem solving, and analytical skills
- Organized and detail oriented with ability to provide thoughtful work products
- Self-starter, collaborative mindset, and ability to build strong relationships across the organization
- Possess financial and business acumen with the ability to take complex factors and create relevant, concise summaries to support finance and business decisions
- Flexible and adaptable to change; ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the underlying processes & resulting output
- Wealth Management related industry experience
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that LPL has to offer!
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.