Sr Information Security EngineerApply Job ID: R-006031 Date posted: 02/26/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Work with limited supervision and assist with complex analysis of technical processes to facilitate adherence to LPL Financial’s standards and policies. Responsible for governing the remediation of technical gaps and control deficiencies regarding information security.
Must possess a deep understanding of the principles, concepts, practices and standards in the area of information security. In addition, will assist when necessary with research and analyses requested by management. Work is moderate to high in scope and complexity. Knowledge is applied to independently resolve routine and non-routine issues and provide project guidance as needed.
Key Job Functions
- Drive the remediation of all discovered technology issues
- Deliver remediation governance dashboard on a regular basis to management
- Work with all areas within Technology to collaborate on remediation strategies
- Implement processes for remediation improvement throughout the firm
- Take ownership and independently manage all technology issues with minimal oversight
- Conduct research for and respond to inquiries from internal and external points of contact
- Advise management on significant matters regarding business, internal programs and activities related to information security.
- Participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of technical complexity.
- Track status of testing (to identify deficiencies) and remediation; lead monitoring status of remediation and subsequent testing. Begin to consider how the compliance and internal controls technology environment of the organization can be improved; share recommendations with management.
- 5-10 years of risk management experience
- 5-10 years of information security experience
- Knowledge of FAIR methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal, and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Proven track record and experience in developing information security policies and procedures, as well as successfully executing programs that meet the objectives of excellence in a dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical skills; the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals
- Passion for the criticality of information security and its value to the company
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks
- Full-stack knowledge of IT infrastructure
- Industry Certifications – CRISC, GIAC, CISM and/or CISSP – are a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.