Sr. Infrastructure EngineerApply Job ID: R-002560 Date posted: 06/07/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer - Cisco UCS/VMware
We are currently seeking an Infrastructure Engineer with expertise in designing and engineering within both the Cisco UCS and VMware. As an Infrastructure Engineer, you would be involved in research, engineering, deployment and automation within the technology stacks and act as the Operations Engineering SME for both Cisco UCS and VMware technologies.
- Perform high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, and implementation of various VMware products and the Cisco UCS platform that require a thorough knowledge of the technologies involved
- Research new functionality, capabilities and offerings related to Cisco UCS and VMware technologies
- Documentation of technical procedures, user guides and runbooks for the Cisco UCS and VMware environments
- Development of technology governance guidelines and standards and associated reporting and monitoring practices
- Monitor server infrastructure (VMware, Windows and UCS) from a governance and compliance perspective
- Creation of automated and/or scripted solutions for day to day operational support tasks
- Act as subject matter expert and escalation point within the Operations organization
- Extensive experience as both a UCS and VMware engineer. Both are absolutely required.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Expert in VMware technologies, including:
- VMware PSC
- VMware vCenter
- Site Recovery Manager
- vRealize/vCloud Operations Manager
- vRealize/vCloud Automation
- Expert experience with the Cisco UCS platform, including:
- Server profile management and Server Provisioning
- Network profile management
- Storage profile management
- Implementation of best practices for environment administration and management
- Extensive experience in system performance analysis in a highly virtualized environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter with the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- VMware (VCA, VCP, VCAP) and Cisco Certifications (CCNA-DC, CCNP-DC) strongly encouraged
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.