Sr Internal ConsultantApply Job ID: R-001077 Date posted: 11/03/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The primary purpose of the Internal Advisory Consultant (IAC) is to support activities that drive success for LPL Financial advisors within the assigned territory. This is achieved by displaying a full understanding of unique client needs and an entrepreneurial spirit by providing support of the various investment platforms and their benefits such as pricing, competitive comparisons, and associated tools and technology. This role may also provide comprehensive case consultations in which individual clients/prospects are researched on behalf of the advisor. The IAC is the subject matter expert and must demonstrate a high level of product knowledge, professionalism, and attention to detail and in order to be a trusted consultant for financial advisors. The split between outbound and inbound calls is 80/20.
1. Training & Education - Consult with financial advisors about all aspects of product & services to match the most applicable combination of practice management, economics, features and functionality to the client's needs.
2. Case Consultations & Design – Consult with advisors to understand client needs, provide case design, risk class assessment, proposals and recommendations of suitable products and platforms to meet those needs. Engage with advisors to help them understand how to offer and sell the products, platforms and their services.
3. Articulate market and economic impacts as well as the technical investment characteristics of portfolios and underlying securities.
4. Consult on applicable supporting technology including, but not limited to portfolio analytic tools, investor presentation and proposal tool, and LPL ClientWorks.
5. Articulate our value proposition and four pillars of support and provides an overview of advanced sales concepts.
6. With little direct supervision, problem-solve a myriad of issues relating to compliance, operations, and technology concerns.
Other Job Duties: (Provide details of items that are specific and unique to this position).
1. Leverage skills to diagnose advisor and client needs to provide appropriate options for consideration
2. Assist advisors with analyses of existing prospect portfolios
3. Through training maintain up-to-date job knowledge on proposal tools and other resources that assist advisors throughout the sales and service process with investors. Maintain current knowledge and understanding of LPL's offerings, Sponsor products, market dynamics and industry trends, etc.
4. Work collaboratively across business units to provide service and to facilitate cross referrals
5. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to best provide support to advisors and their clients which may include pursuit of certain professional designations and continuing education.
6. Additional participation in field business planning events and maintain key relationships as assigned.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field preferred
Minimum Experience Required: 3-5 years of sales experience
Licenses/Certifications Required: Series 7, Series 6, Series 66/65.
Demonstrated excellent customer service skills including communication skills (both verbal and written), the ability to multi-task and follow up, as well as the ability to maintain a positive client experience while diffusing tense situations
Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to make decisions and solve problems
Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced, client- centric team consultative environment encompassing multiple disciplines and product lines
Demonstrated drive for professional growth and development
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.