Sr. Learning & Development Consultant, Virtual ServicesApply Job ID: R-004018 Date posted: 07/27/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Human Capital Learning and Development Sr. Consultant role delivers live training, information, and best practices to our Home Office employees. This is accomplished via multiple venues and by executing training content in an engaging, meaningful, and efficient way that adds value to our employees and is resource/cost effective for LPL. All training is designed and delivered with emphasis first on the why it’s important and how it contributes to the efficiency/growth of our client’s businessesalong with the how to and best practices.
The ideal candidate should be able to utilize learning and development best practices and act as a consultant to determine specific training needs and create effective curriculums. He/she will design training courses, formulate teaching outlines and determine instructional methods such as individual training, instructor-led group instruction, workshops, lectures, demonstration meetings, simulations, and e-learning.
Essential Functions: Contribute to retaining and growing internal employees by providing training on LPL Financial technology, business processes, and ways of working in the specific departments they are supporting in a way that resonates with our client businesses and increases their adoption to drive efficiencies in their daily operations and business practices.
Training Program and Content Development
- Act as a consultant to business partners to determine training needs and provide solutions
- Ensure program design is tied to relevant business results
- Move training projects from needs assessment to design and delivery
- Build and execute assessments to determine training program: objectives, requisites, training plans and feedback
- Select delivery modalities that best serve audience segments and program objectives
- Demonstrate effective communication, presentation and questioning skills applicable to various learning styles
- Facilitate instructor-led training sessions on content or initiatives in hands-on classroom training sessions at LPL, LPL events and conferences
- Conduct virtual training for internal employees
Planning and Management
- Manage multiple projects with extensive detailed coordination
- Advise key stakeholders of program development
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time, within budget and with attention to quality
- Continuously look for opportunities to coach employees
- Conduct 1:1 sessions as needed to ensure employees are proficient
- Monitor calls and conduct trainings to address opportunities
- Required to become an expert in LPL Financial’s technology offerings
- Maintain an awareness of competitors and 3rd party tools and be able to explain them to employees
Other Job Duties
- Own and execute each aspect of the role including the involvement of Learning and Development management, business partners and teammate’s expertise
- Demonstrate the ability to do the following:
- Seek and receive feedback during multiple revisions and phases of a project
- Perform measurement of project success and follow-up communications
- Be results oriented and an assertive team player in a corporate business environment
- Drive the desired results of improved employee engagement through training
- Advocate for employees in all new initiative project meetings (use business acumen and employee experience to help shape new tools and training resources)
Preferred Job Requirements:
Minimum Education Required: BS (Focus in: Education, Finance, Business or Economics), Advance Degree Preferred
Minimum Experience Required: 5-7 years (in a training related role with instructional design and delivery experience, writing, editing, presenting, facilitating, planning, organizing, directing and managing all aspects of training and project management initiatives. Financial Services Experience – advisor-facing role -Preferred)
Licenses Required: NA but Series 63 and Series 7 a plus
Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred: Type Level of Experience
Microsoft Suite Expert
LPL Advisor TechnologyWell-versed
3rd Party Advisor TechnologyWell-versed
Learning Management SystemsWell-versed
List any Physical Requirements for the position: This position is located in the LPL Financial Fort Mill Carolinas office.
Additional information: This position will interact with various levels of management at LPL, with advisors and vendors.
Soft Skills required for the position: Excellent communicator, mega-tasker, proficient webinar host and outstanding presentation skills. Is a proactive, critical thinker with professional maturity and can be self-managed. Well versed in various lines of business including: wirehouse, regional, independent, RIA, institutions and retirement plans. Need to have a thirst for learning and be motivated by the intrinsic reward of helping others.
Possible career path for this position: (e.g. senior, supervisor)
AVP Learning and Development, VP Learning and Development , SVP over the Learning & Development Group, Relationship Manager and other roles within the firm.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.