Sr Learning & Development ConsultantApply Job ID: R-000483 Date posted: 06/12/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Candidate must be able to combine technological knowledge with learning and development best practices in order to design, develop, and deliver effective learning solutions for a variety of audiences, both internal (employees) and external (advisors).
1. Training Program and Content Development
- Act as consultant to business partners to determine training needs and provide solutions
- Ensure program design is tied to relevant business results
- Move training projects from needs assessment to design and delivery
- Build and execute assessments to determine training program: objectives, requisites, training plans, and feedback
2. Training Delivery
- Select delivery modalities that best serve audience segments and program objectives
- Demonstrate effective communication, presentation and questioning skills applicable to various learning styles
- Facilitate instructor led training sessions on content or initiatives, as required
3. Planning and Management
- Manage multiple projects with extensive detailed coordination
- Advise key stakeholders of program development
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time, within budget and with attention to quality
Other Job Duties:
- Own and execute each aspect of the role including the involvement of Learning & Development management, business partners, and teammate’s expertise.
- Demonstrate the ability to do the following:
- Seek and receive feedback that will be useful in multiple revisions and phases
- Measurement and follow up communications
- Results oriented, assertive team player in a corporate business environment.
- Drive the desired results of improved employee engagement through training
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5-7 years of experience in a training related role with instructional design and delivery experience; writing, editing, presenting, facilitating, planning, organizing, directing, and managing all aspects of training and project management initiatives
- Excellent PC skills with demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Financial Services and/or advisor training experience preferred
- Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (ATD) or a Certified Performance Technologist (ISPI) a plus
- Must be able to adapt to several roles: training, consulting, facilitating, and collaborating up, down, and across the organization; able to handle multiple projects and meet assigned deadlines
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.