Sr. Learning and Development ConsultantApply Job ID: R-004933 Date posted: 11/07/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Human Capital Senior Learning Consultant role delivers live customized training to internal audience e.g., LPL employees and external audience e.g., Advisors and Support Staff. This is accomplished via multiple delivery methods and executing content in an engaged, meaningful, and effective way that adds value to our clients and is resource and cost effective for LPL Financial. All training is designed and delivered emphasizing the why it is important and affect to office productivity in addition to the how to and best practices.
Essential functions include contributing to retaining and growing Advisor Practices and Institutions by providing education on LPL Financial technology and back office processing in a way that resonates with clients and drives efficiency gains in their daily operations and back office management.
This role is also responsible for conducting training sessions for employees throughout the firm focusing on topics including but not limited to New Hire Orientation, corporate culture, client experience, technology and compliance.
Requirements of the job include:
- Customer focused and motivated by helping others
- Continuous learning and self-education on relevant information and subject matter
- Required to become expert in LPL Financial’s technology offerings, operations and resources
- Build knowledge of competitors and third party tools and be able to consult with clients effectively on those topics
- Client advocate for all initiatives using business acumen and client experience to help shape new tools, services and training resources
- Create and deliver impactful training. This includes content, presentations and delivery techniques
- Successfully conduct one-on-one client consulting over the phone and in-person, virtual webinar training for up to 200+ participants, hands-on in-person classroom training for 10-200+, and class assistant for employees, advisors and staff.
- Maintain all reporting and metric requirements using Salesforce and other assigned procedures
- Travel may be required up to 10%-40% of time depending on job level and business need
- High business acumen
- Well versed in various Broker Dealer lines of business including wire house, regional, independent, RIA, institutions and retirement planning firms
- Understand LPL home office technology to provide in-depth training for new hires
- Excellent communicator with sales-ability
- Highly adaptable, can pivot quickly with the ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Strong facilitator and webinar host with outstanding presentation skills
- Proactive and takes initiative without being asked
- High problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Consistently incorporates innovation and continual process improvement
- Professional maturity and presence with the ability to self-manage
Highly Preferred Professional Requirements or Equivalent Business Expertise and Experience
Minimum Education: BS or BA with preferred focus in Finance, Business, Communications and/or Education
Minimum Experience 3-5 years in a client-facing (internal and/or external) financial services role
Series 7, 65 or 66 Licenses Preferred
Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred and Level of Expertise
LPL Advisor and Employee Technology (e.g., ClientWorks, BETA)
Proficient within six months; expert within one year
3rd Party Advisor Technology
Well-versed within one year
Well-versed within six months
Learning and Development Baseline Requirements for Senior Learning Consultant Job Posting.
This is baseline information for job level 6. Experience and professional requirements will increase or decrease per role and job level. For the right candidate, licensing requirements may be waived.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
This position may interact with various levels of management at LPL, AXA, with clients (internal and external) and vendors.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.