Sr. Learning ConsultantApply Job ID: R-017494 Date posted: 10/12/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Human Capital Learning and Development Sr. Consultant role delivers live training, information, and best practices to our Home Office employees. This is accomplished via multiple venues and by executing training content in an engaging, meaningful, and efficient way that adds value to our employees and is resource/cost effective for LPL. All training is designed and delivered with emphasis first on the why it’s important and how it contributes to the efficiency/growth of our client’s businessesalong with the how to and best practices.
The ideal candidate should be able to utilize learning and development best practices and act as a consultant with business units to determine specific training needs and create effective curriculums. He/she will design training courses, formulate teaching outlines and determine instructional methods such as individual training, instructor-led group instruction, workshops, lectures, demonstration meetings, simulations, and e-learning.
Essential Functions: Contribute to retaining and growing internal employees by providing training on LPL Financial technology and business processing in a way that resonates with our client businesses and increases their adoption to drive efficiencies in their daily operations and business practices.
Training Program and Content Development
- Act as a consultant to business partners to determine training needs and provide solutions
- Ensure program design is tied to relevant business results
- Move training projects from needs assessment to design and delivery
- Build and execute assessments to determine training program: objectives, requisites, training plans and feedback
- Select delivery modalities that best serve audience segments and program objectives
- Demonstrate effective communication, presentation and questioning skills applicable to various learning styles
- Facilitate instructor-led training sessions on content or initiatives in hands-on classroom training sessions at LPL, LPL events and conferences
- Conduct virtual training for internal employees
Planning and Management
- Manage multiple projects with extensive detailed coordination
- Advise key stakeholders of program development
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time, within budget and with attention to quality
- Required to become an expert in LPL Financial’s technology offerings
- Maintain an awareness of competitors and 3rd party tools and be able to explain them to employees
Other Job Duties
- Own and execute each aspect of the role including the involvement of Learning and Development management, business partners and teammate’s expertise
- Demonstrate the ability to do the following:
- Seek and receive feedback during multiple revisions and phases of a project
- Perform measurement of project success and follow-up communications
- Be results oriented and an assertive team player in a corporate business environment
- Drive the desired results of improved employee engagement through training
- Advocate for employees in all new initiative project meetings (use business acumen and employee experience to help shape new tools and training resources)
Preferred Job Requirements:
Minimum Education Required: BS (Focus in: Education, Finance, Business or Economics), Advance Degree Preferred
Minimum Experience Required: 5-7 years (in a training related role with instructional design and delivery experience, writing, editing, presenting, facilitating, planning, organizing, directing and managing all aspects of training and project management initiatives. Financial Services Experience – advisor-facing role -Preferred)
Licenses Required: NA but Series 63 and Series 7 a plus
List any Physical Requirements for the position: This position is located in the LPL Financial Fort Mill Carolinas office.
Additional information: This position will interact with various levels of management at LPL, with advisors and vendors.
Soft Skills required for the position: Excellent communicator, mega-tasker, proficient webinar host and outstanding presentation skills. Is a proactive, critical thinker with professional maturity and can be self-managed. Well versed in various lines of business including: wirehouse, regional, independent, RIA, institutions and retirement plans. Need to have a thirst for learning and be motivated by the intrinsic reward of helping others.
Possible career path for this position: (e.g. senior, supervisor)
AVP Learning and Development, VP Learning and Development , SVP over the Learning & Development Group, Relationship Manager and other roles within the firm.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.