Sr. Manager, Public RelationsApply Job ID: R-022571 Date posted: 04/27/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Are you highly motivated, curious, and courageous to pave a bold path forward for the PR function, LPL, and your career?
Do you have sound knowledge of PR, including a strong grasp of Social Media and digital optimization strategies, with experience in a role focused on encouraging growth?
If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Sr. Manager of Public Relations will lead strategic plan development and execution of external communication plans in support of LPL’s leading wealth management platform, while also contributing to the PR team’s broader scope of work. In this role, you will work directly with business partners and the marketing and communication team to create integrated plans aligned to business objectives, focusing on shaping perceptions and growing brand value with key audiences. The position reports to the Vice President of Public Relations.
- Garner earned media through an annual plan of pitches/interviews, press releases, placed content, media tours, awards, events, and speaking opportunities to demonstrate LPL’s leadership in the development of value-add capabilities and resources.
- Develop PR plans in support of product launches
- Identify and pitch Research thought leadership, working in collaboration with an agency resource
- Respond to media inquiries, including serving as a spokesperson or selecting and preparing suitable LPL subject matter experts to respond
- Build and maintain relationships with media and influencers
- Identify and implement new ideas to increase value for PR assets across LPL’s digital footprint
- Collaborate with brand and marketing to support message development and execution for owned and paid delivery of thought leadership
- Mitigate reputational risk
- Provide media training, message development, and live support to bench of LPL spokespeople
- Some travel required
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 7-10 plus years of relevant Public Relations experience, either at an agency or corporation
- Excellent project management skills to lead integrated marketing and communication plans, including accountability for PR workflow
- Ability to develop strong relationships and wield influence, both internally and externally
- Must be a self-starter, able to initiate work streams, ask critical questions and seek information to move a project forward at pace
- Ability to define and measure success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional client service manner
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of energy
- Must be an enthusiastic team player with a dedication to excellence, and a positive, flexible attitude in order to manage competing priorities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize efforts for maximum results
- Deadline driven; operates well under pressure and is adaptable
- Works at both strategic and tactical levels
- Must be adaptable, views change as opportunity, and is committed to continuous improvement
- Appreciates the value of different perspectives; seeks diversity of thought
- Masterful with details while also a big picture thinker
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.