Sr Marketing ConsultantApply Job ID: R-002860 Date posted: 05/07/2018 Primary Location MA-Boston Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is seeking a talented Senior Marketing Communications Specialist to join its Marketing department. The Marketing Communications Specialist will be required to help create dynamic marketing campaigns and sales pieces for all types of projects serving clients in technically complex markets. The person in this role will work across the organization to plan and execute effective communications programs, including assisting in developing communication strategies and collateral that support the success of the organization’s strategic objectives.
The Senior Marketing Communications Specialist will serve as a member of a vibrant and results-oriented Marketing team and will work closely with Creative Services as well as members of the Product and Marketing teams to successfully gather content from key stakeholders, manage and develop the material, and obtain final approvals. This position will be rewarding for a professional who thrives while collaborating and who enjoys writing and building strategy and messaging.
Responsibilities of the Senior Marketing Communications Specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
Duties and Skills
- Creating sales and marketing collateral including brochures, presentations, and website material
- Developing, implementing, and reporting on marketing communication plans and strategies
- Assisting with all steps of writing projects, from information gathering to content development, review, editing, design, compliance, proofreading, and final publication
- Crafting sales and marketing materials and tools to ensure clear, concise information is shared in a timely manner to key internal and external stakeholders
- Researching and gathering information needed to create collateral about complex subjects
- Managing portfolio of materials to ensure that standard versions of key collateral are available, current, and aligned with products and messages
- Ensuring delivery of a cohesive and comprehensive marketing message
- Assisting in creating digital materials and enhancing digital presence
- Assisting in managing outside agencies
- Undergraduate college degree in business/marketing, communications, public relations, or related field of study, or a relevant combination of education and experience
- Four to five years of experience in marketing or public relations
- Excellent writing skills and experience writing snappy sales and marketing collateral
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills with demonstrated record as a self-starter and team player
- Experience in sales writing and development and project management
- Expertise with use of Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with HTML preferred
- Keen attention to detail
- Advanced creativity and flexibility
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, high-stress environment and deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Grace under pressure and a sense of humor
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.