Sr Onboarding ConsultantApply Job ID: R-020237 Date posted: 01/03/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Job Description – Senior Onboarding Consultant
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the financial services industry and brokerage operations, along with proven success in operating in a dynamic fast-paced environment. Outstanding customer service and effective communication skills are essential. The Senior Onboarding Consultant will develop and maintain essential relationships by acting as the primary point of contact and key business partner for prospects joining LPL’s Independent Advisor Services, Institution Services, and Hybrid RIA channels. They will be responsible for managing and consulting on all onboarding and integration activities with individual prospects and large groups including anyone converting between LPL platforms. Senior Onboarding Consultants will conduct compliance reviews for prospects who qualify under low risk profiles criteria.
- Strategic Planning and Execution - Create a customized onboarding plan outlining the applicable tasks, ownership, and expected dates of completion. Manage accountability of task assignments and targeted completion dates. Utilize internal resources to ensure onboarding milestones are completed and advisor expectations are met. Create conversion and repapering plans to migrate accounts and assets for advisors.
- Business Analysis - Conduct an in-depth advisor profile and analysis of the current and projected business model. Identify action items and LPL resources and make recommendations to the advisor. Use discretion in coordinating communication with other business units to identify investment opportunities for the advisor.
- Regulatory Compliance - Review advisor office setup and structure and review best practices. Coordinate time with outside counsel to ensure the advisor understands any contractual requirements and potential regulation S-P issues. Provide clear direction on complying with legal recommendations. For converting advisors, provide education on the key factors involved with converting between LPL platforms including but not limited to repapering requirements, business structure and best practice advice for state specific guidelines.
- Marketing Analysis and Planning - Partner with Marketing and Regulatory review to evaluate client-facing correspondence, make recommendations for a marketing plan and ensure all marketing materials have been submitted for review and approval.
- Business Partnership - Facilitate communication and coordination between departments to ensure smooth advisor onboarding. Proactively engage in the recruiting process by working closely with Business Development to ensure clear communication of commitments and set expectations. Represent the department in Home Office Visits in an effort to win new business.
- Conduct Low Risk Compliance reviews and facilitate discussions with prospects in the event additional items are required to complete Approval for affiliation.
- Facilitate the OBA Review Process by reaching out to the advisor to gather all required information to prepare & send over to our Advisor & OBA Review business partners.
Other Job Duties and Requirements:
- If applicable, manage onboarding team members (consultants) and effectively communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans.
- Work closely with internal departments involved in the onboarding process to ensure seamless handoffs are made for advisors and to ensure proper resource allocation to support customer onboarding.
- Lead and support department projects and initiatives as necessary.
- Support other functions of the team as necessary such as reporting, data migration, service, etc.
- Ability to adapt to a fluid environment with frequently changing priorities, processes, requirements, etc.
- Ability to partner closely and establish productive working relationships with other business units .
- Flexibility to travel for required onsite support.
- Ability to work evening hours and weekends as client situations dictate.
- Project management skills, a plus.
- Ability to confidently present in front of small groups.
- Internal Home Office Visit accreditation required (within 120 days of joining).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred or work experience equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of financial services industry experience, preferably in advisor transitions, project management or relationship management
- Series 7, 63 or 66, preferred
- Microsoft Office Product Suite
- ClientWorks-Internal posting ONLY
- Oracle-Internal posting ONLY
- ASAT -Internal posting ONLY
- Self-motivated team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior phone skills
- Must be able to organize activities and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Effective and timely follow-up required
- Ability to identify efficiencies in existing processes and procedures in order to foster continuous improvement both individually and at the team level
- Critical & Strategic Thinking Skills
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.