Sr. Operations Specialist - Fortigent ReportingApply Job ID: R-004752 Date posted: 10/25/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Sr. Operations Specialist – Reporting
Fortigent’s Operations department manages the firm’s outsourcing aspects in terms of performance reporting, portfolio accounting, corporate actions processing, automated data connectivity and new client on-boarding. We have an immediate and unique need for an analyst within our Reporting division.
The Sr. Operations Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Producing and reviewing quarterly performance reports for accuracy and consistency
- Daily maintenance of data quality functions
- Adherence to deadlines pertaining to departmental service level agreements
- Providing operational support to internal and external customers via HelpDesk
- Supplying feedback on system functionality and features; participating in User Acceptance Testing
- Generating metrics and statistical data to support accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency
- Investigating and escalating all instances where departmental service level agreements are not met
- Mitigating possible control failures through group collaboration and planning
- Leveraging software tools to ensure a comprehensive and efficient workflow
- Daily administration of departmental activities as defined by upper management
Successful candidates will possess the following qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance; other degrees will be considered
- 2-5 years experience, preferably in the financial services/banking industry
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Past exposure to performance measurement and market performance, as well as knowledge of bank and brokerage operations is preferred
- Experience with Bloomberg, FactSet or Morningstar is advantageous
- Self-motivated with close attention to detail and organizational skills
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word
- Ability to handle multiple projects, software and tasks at any given time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exposure to SharePoint helpful
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.