Sr. Ops Specialist, Fortigent Reconciliation & SupportApply Job ID: R-010809 Date posted: 09/11/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Curious about the role of a Senior Operations Specialist?
Do you have a passion for understanding the interworking of financial investments? If you answered yes, then you have the type of curiosity required for financial reconciliation. That means you have the essential skill set required for a Senior Operations Specialist role within Fortigent.
Would you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have a desire to help financial advisors by making it easy to do business with us…., if so, this is your opportunity to be part of a great team.
At LPL Financial, we care about our advisors! The Fortigent Operations Team works proactively in a fast-paced environment completing approximately 15-20 inbound ticket requests per day from Financial Advisors and their assistants as well as daily workflow items and expectations. As a Senior Operations Specialist of the Fortigent Operations team your primary responsibility is the reconciliation of alternative and brokerage accounts on the Fortigent platform, your role is key to providing financial advisors investment performance reports for their high net-worth clients.
What will you do?
- Provide exceptional customer service to Financial Advisors, their assistants, and LPL internal business partners as it relates to the reconciliation of client accounts within Fortigent’s proprietary Portfolio Accounting software system, specific to:
- Brokerage statements
- Position and transaction feeds supplied by custodians
- Retirement plans
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the evaluation of daily trading activity and transactions
- Troubleshoot transactional cost accounting data and adhere to deadlines of service level agreements and project conclusion dates
- Interface with Fortigent’s Consulting team to address specific needs of advisors
- Analyze and resolve data quality issues and queries
- Process internal support requests from other departments
- Daily administration of departmental activities as defined by upper management
- Coordinate with our Technical Development team regarding project-driven tasks that will enhance internal efficiencies
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class account reconciliation. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and can execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance; other degrees will be considered
- 2+ years’ experience, preferably in the financial/banking industry
- Experience with Advent Axys/APX products are encouraged
- Experience with Bloomberg platform is advantageous
- Past exposure to performance measurement, portfolio accounting, as well as knowledge of banking and brokerage operations are preferred
- Self-motivated with close attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word
- Ability to handle multiple projects, software, and tasks at any given time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.