Sr. Ops Specialist, Fortigent Reconciliation & SupportApply Job ID: R-003176 Date posted: 06/08/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
This team is dedicated to servicing the operational needs of advisors leveraging Performance Reporting tools and deliverables powered by Fortigent. The Fortigent Reconciliation & Support group works together in a true team environment supporting a defined group of LPL Financial customers.
Senior Operations Specialists are responsible for the overall operational experience, leveraging internal partners to provide timely account reconciliation. Members of this team are knowledgeable in investment reporting, portfolio accounting and performance reporting. The Fortigent Reconciliation & Support team handles various forms of reconciliation, managing portfolio accounting and service functions across an asset and custodian agnostic platform.
- Reconciliation of client accounts within Fortigent’s proprietary Portfolio Accounting software system, specific to:
- Alternative Investment vehicles
- Hedge Funds
- Limited Partnerships
- Private Equity
- Real Estate
- Non-Traditional Assets
- Alternative Investment vehicles
- Evaluation of trading activity and transactions
- Daily retrieval of reconciliation statements and pertinent account information
- Analysis/resolution of data quality issues and queries
- Identify and document reconciliation complexities
- Regular maintenance of account serviceability characteristics
- Adherence to deadlines pertaining to service level agreements and project conclusion dates
- Interfacing with Fortigent’s Consulting team to address specific needs of advisors
- Continued focus on global departmental goals to sustain efficiency, accuracy and timeliness
- Daily administration of departmental activities as defined by upper management
- Serving as an Alternative Investment subject matter expert
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance; other degrees will be considered
- 2+ years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in operations or client service
- Past exposure to performance measurement and/or portfolio accounting is preferred
- Strong customer focus, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word
- Ability to handle multiple projects, software and tasks at any given time with minimal supervision
- Must positively adjust to rapidly changing environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience with ZenDesk is advantageous
- Ability to set priorities, monitor own workload to meet aggressive deadlines
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.