Sr. Ops Specialist, Performance & Data ReconApply Job ID: R-001978 Date posted: 01/04/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Our Sr. Ops Specialist in Performance & Data Recon is a team expert responsible for providing unparalleled customer support for LPL’s Client Reporting tools. Through the use of various proprietary tools, the Sr. Ops Specialist will be responsible for investment transaction accounting and position reconciliation, research of varying data quality issues, implementing appropriate solutions and notifying customers upon completion. The Sr. Ops Specialist is knowledgeable in performance reporting methodologies such as internal-rate -of-return and time-weighted return and is comfortable providing clear, concise explanations of these methodologies and how they relate to customer investment portfolios. In addition to this, the Sr. Ops Specialist should have working knowledge of various investment products such as equities/fixed income, mutual funds, alternative investments, and annuities. This role requires the ability to feel comfortable working in an agile environment with competing priorities.
- Collaborate with team-members on multiple and possibly overlapping customer requests
- Support customers by fielding escalations and providing performance related explanations
- Transaction accounting to analyze firm wide investment activity
- Review and validate performance figures then resolve any resulting discrepancies
- Collaborate effectively and efficiently with other business units to correct recurring issues
- Identification of reporting defects
- Ability to identify patterns in data
- Working knowledge of SQL Studio and willingness to learn
- Solution implementation with management direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or similar
- 2+ years in the brokerage and financial services industry
- Strong understanding of managing investment performance data
- Understanding of time-weighted and money-weighted performance calculations
- Strong knowledge of advisory accounts including centrally managed platforms
- Knowledgeable in portfolio and investment sleeve transaction accounting and reconciliation
- Knowledgeable in a wide range of investments, including but not limited to; mutual funds, fixed income products, options, common stocks and annuities
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of Word, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure in a team-oriented environment
- FINRA licensing a plus
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.