Sr Ops SpecialistApply Job ID: R-002019 Date posted: 01/11/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
- Daily processing of compensation sharing arrangements (or setups) for New Advisors and ongoing maintenance for current LPL Advisors
- Support complex compensation issues including: cancel/corrects, zero batches and institutional payout requirements
- Work with multiple teams including but not limited to: Registration, Service, QA, Transitions, Business Consulting and Commissions Service
- Assists in various initiatives which may involve reporting, system enhancements, user acceptance testing , data analysis, new office onboarding, migration efforts and other needs as they arise
- Evaluate existing processes and develop initiatives towards process improvements
- Support audit requirements and assist in establishing controls in minimizing risk
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Additional tasks to match changing business needs
- 2-3 years General Accounting or Financial Industry Experience
- Experience in Commissions Processing preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Software/Systems Skills Required: Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Word and Excel, Oracle, Documentum and Siebel
- Software/Systems Skills Preferred: ASAT, Salesforce, Visio, Adobe Professional
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Effective and proactive communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills especially when dealing with various groups and in all levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with various levels of personnel in addition to encouraging and building positive relationships
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation for obtaining results
- Ability to manage multiple assignments
- Attention to detail, ability to analyze information and strong reporting skills
- Excellent problem solving skills that affect daily operational matters
- Thorough documentation skills and ability to document new processes
- Must be self-motivated and effectively cope with changing environments
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.