Sr Ops SpecialistApply Job ID: R-002640 Date posted: 04/04/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
This team is dedicated to servicing the operational needs of advisors leveraging Performance Reporting tools and deliverables powered by Fortigent.
Senior Operations Specialists are responsible for the overall operational experience, leveraging internal partners to provide timely account reconciliation. Members of this team are knowledgeable in investment reporting, portfolio accounting and performance reporting. The Fortigent Reconciliation & Support team handles various forms of reconciliation, managing portfolio accounting and service functions across an asset and custodian agnostic platform.
- Reconciliation of client accounts within Fortigent’s proprietary Portfolio Accounting software system, specific to:
- Brokerage statements
- Position and transaction feeds supplied by custodians
- Retirement plans and non-traditional assets
- Evaluation of daily trading activity and transactions
- Entry of transactional cost accounting data
- Technical proficiency in all department specific applications
- Execution of all policies and fail-safes to ensure increased efficiency and accuracy
- Adherence to deadlines pertaining to service level agreements and project conclusion dates
- Interfacing with Fortigent’s Consulting team to address specific needs of advisors
- Facilitate operational requests via HelpDesk coordinating with front and back office partners as necessary
- Analysis and resolution of data quality issues and queries
- Process internal support requests from other departments
- Daily administration of departmental activities as defined by upper management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance; other degrees will be considered
- 2+ years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in operations or client service
- Past exposure to performance measurement and/or portfolio accounting is preferred
- Strong customer focus, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word
- Ability to handle multiple projects, software and tasks at any given time with minimal supervision
- Must positively adjust to rapidly changing environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience with ZenDesk, SQL, and DTCC is advantageous
- Ability to set priorities, monitor own workload to meet aggressive deadlines
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.