Sr Oracle Database AdministratorApply Job ID: R-008382 Date posted: 12/17/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Oracle Administrator’s role will be responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring and performance of critical database systems, to ensure high availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. The Database Administrators team provides 24x7 database and production support for all database systems ensuring their database integrity, security and availability. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills with advanced skillsets with Oracle performance, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills to perform Production Support of all Oracle database systems.
• Assisting in the design, installation, configuration, security and maintenance of highly available enterprise database systems
• Troubleshoot and resolve database incident tickets.
• Monitor backup jobs on all databases and perform routine disaster recovery scenarios
• Participate in on-call after-hours support rotation, responding to support calls after- hours/weekends/holidays.
• Establish and maintain database policies and standards
• Generate database schema definitions and modifications as required
• Plan and coordinate data refreshes from one environment to another
• Monitor database system details within the database and implement efficiency improvements.
• Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
• Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
• Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
• Perform database transaction and security audits.
• Follow and maintain in-house documentation for repeatable processes, including database feature installation, disaster recovery, and common problem resolution
• Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
• Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices database use.
• Follow ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) practices for Change Management.
Formal Education & Certification:
• Bachelor’s Degree in the field of computer science/engineering and/or 5 years equivalent work experience as an Oracle Database Administrator
Essential Skills & Experience:
• 5+ years direct experience managing and supporting Oracle Database Servers
• Expert knowledge and experience in Database Performance, Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
• Hands on experience with database security, auditing, backup/restore, DR and high availability
• Experience with data partitioning, indexing best practices, compression, etc
• Experience in installation and configuration of Oracle in Virtualized Environments
• Experience in Linux/Unix command line
• Experience in Solarwinds Monitoring and DPA (Ignite) a plus
• Experience in financial services is a plus.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Knowledge of Incident/Problem Management and is familiar with ITIL processes in a critical production environment.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Strong technical documentation skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.