Sr Oracle Database AdministratorApply Job ID 5702BR Date posted 03/16/2017
Job Description – Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Formal Education & Certification:
Description:The Senior Database Administrator’s role will be responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring and performance of critical database systems, to ensure high availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. The Database Administrators team provides 24x7 database and production support for all database systems ensuring their database integrity, security and availability. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills to perform Production Support of financial applications using database technologies of Oracle 11g, Oracle 12c and Oracle RAC.
- Responsible for design, installation, configuration, security and maintenance of highly available enterprise database systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
- Creating primary database storage structures (tablespaces) after application developers have designed an application
- Creating primary objects (tables, views, indexes) once application developers have designed an application
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers
- Enrolling users and maintaining system security
- Ensuring compliance with your Oracle license agreement
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
- Planning for backup and recovery of database information
- Maintaining archived data on tape
- Backing up and restoring the database
- Contacting Oracle Corporation for technical support
- Participate in on-call after-hours support rotation, responding to support calls after- hours/weekends/holidays.
- Establish and maintain database policies and standards
- Generate database schema definitions and modifications as required
- Plan and coordinate data refreshes from one environment to another
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
- Perform database transaction and security audits.
- Follow and maintain in-house documentation for repeatable processes, including database feature installation, disaster recovery, and common problem resolution
- Follow ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) practices for Change Management.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of computer science/engineering and/or 7 years equivalent work experience with Oracle database administration and/or Oracle PL-SQL development.
- Oracle 11g and/or Oracle 12c Professional Certification desirable
Essential Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years direct experience managing and supporting Oracle Database System solutions
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Database Performance Tuning
- Excellent knowledge with Oracle system tables and using PL-SQL.
- Hands on experience with database security, auditing, backup/restore and high availability
- Experience with data partitioning, indexing best practices, resource governor, extended events
- Experience with Oracle Data Integrator (ETL).
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server is a plus
- Experience in MySQL is a plus
- Experience in Solarwinds Monitoring and DPA (Ignite) a plus
- Experience in financial services is a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Knowledge of Incident/Problem Management and is familiar with ITIL processes in a critical production environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.