Sr. Product Analyst, IIS Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-003239 Date posted: 05/30/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The Sr. Product Analyst role will join the Investor and Investment Services (IIIS) Product Management team, focused on supporting the development, maintenance, and ongoing lifecycle of various investment and technology products. This position will manage the logistics of the product development lifecycle, including writing formal business requirements, supporting project management work administratively, and communicating across cross-functional teams within the organization.
Candidates for this role must have experience and knowledge in the financial services industry and project management lifecycle. Experience in the FinTech industry, well as Agile and Scrum methodologies a plus. This position requires strong analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple bodies of rapidly evolving work simultaneously, and demonstrate the ability to creatively define, develop, and execute plans to solve complex issues. Collaboration with partners across business and technology organizations will be critical to ensure these capabilities are delivered in a manner that delights our clients, maximizes our business objectives, and meets regulatory requirements.
A successful candidate will demonstrate strategic and creative thinking skills, a strong ability to turn analytics into compelling insights, and be capable of concise oral and written communication.
The new team member’s responsibilities will include:
- Leverage the organization to develop and execute detailed, tactical plans to effectively bring products to life
- Coordinate tasks, meetings, and resources, as part of the implementation, and administration of new product launches
- Synthesize internal and industry data into themes and patterns to provide insights and data-driven recommendations
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop feature set priorities, and build plans to execute, and achieve the overall strategic program vision
- Build cross-functional relationships to establish a collaborative environment at all levels of the organization
- Achieve alignment by communicating decisions and outcomes to various levels throughout the organization
- Create and present presentations/information for senior members of the organization
- Complete ad-hoc assignments that assist in development and implementation of strategies and new processes
- Provide research, analysis, project management and project support on a variety of strategic initiatives
- Assist in developing, improving, and revising program processes for continual improvement
- Determine meaningful data metrics, and assist in creating, tracking, and analyzing output based upon them
- Positive, flexible person with the ability to work in a changing environment, and identify and manage priorities
- Strong team player with the ability to work effectively in a group and independently
- Must be able to take initiative and “make things happen” with timelines and deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization, and the ability to frame complex issues
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its objectives
- Entrepreneurial mindset, self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Product/Project Management Skills (formal or informal)
- Must have background in financial services, experience in billing or commissions systems are a plus
- Technology fluency including extensive knowledge of SharePoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Degree in business, or technology preferred; or equivalent work experience. MBA a plus.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.