Sr. Product AnalystApply Job ID: R-015478 Date posted: 08/27/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote , CA-San Diego
Do you have 3 years of experience inproduct management, management consulting, business analysis, or project management?
Are you a strategic thinker with excellent analytical capabilities and experience?
Are you looking to focus on software development, mergers & acquisitions, and the strategy space?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
Sr. Product Analyst, Advisor Solutions - Job Overview:
LPL Financial is seeking a Sr. Product Analyst to join our Product Management team within LPL’s Advisor Solutions group, one of the most visible departments in our organization. As a trusted business partner, you will drive outcomes, lead cross-functional teams, and contribute to the deep and thoughtful analysis that enables our leadership team to make informed decisions regarding product development, M&A transactions, and our organic growth strategy.
The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen, a consulting mindset, and software, product, and financial knowledge to assist with the development and delivery of new business lines, software tools, and integration of proprietary M&A. Additionally, you will ensure creative and continuous improvements to our advisor facing products – with the goal of exciting our advisor base, leading the market, and attracting additional business.
This team within Advisor Solutions focuses on product & program management, specifically the execution of large cross-functional programs to support our strategic initiatives and product development efforts. The teams’ goal is to leverage both the strengths of our existing business model and expand into new markets where we enhance the capabilities we offer our customers in the wealth management space. You will have the opportunity to work on the firm's highest priority initiatives to provide leadership with timely, accurate, and insightful commentary and recommendations. You will gain a full understanding of, and the ability to explain, all business aspects of our products/platforms while working with numerous business units across the firm. This role will embrace strategic, entrepreneurial, analytical, product, and project management skillsets to support our growth and positioning across the entire wealth management market as LPL continues to expand.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide project management and business analysis support in an agile development environment
- Assist with the assessment, operational build-out, and implementation of new affiliation models (i.e. business lines/channels).
- Draft technical product requirements for development teams
- Create reporting and assist in the preparation of presentations related to LPL’s strategic plays and growth initiatives that are SVP+ ready
- Assist in the management of strategic initiatives and projects that are undertaken, in an efficient and effective manner
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaboratorswho can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
- Immersing yourself in and learning as much as you can about the nuances of team processes and tools, the industry, company, and our advisors
- Bringing fresh perspective, ideas, and critical thinking to how our growing team operates, consistently asking questions and pushing for progress over perfection
- Working with others in the team, department, and across the company to understand the LPL ecosystem and how it pertains to our strategic plays, new business lines, M&A deals, and product development
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3 years' product management, management consulting, business analysis, or project management experience preferably within a financial services, banking or related FinTech firm
- Ability to effectively manage multiple initiatives/projects at one time, work within a team, show strong attention to detail, communicate clearly and concisely, work comfortably with incomplete information, and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Self-driven individual with a high level of motivation, positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity, and hunger to contribute to a growing team in a start-up-like atmosphere
- Must possess highly-tactical skills and proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and be interested in learning tools such as Jira, Confluence, Sharepoint, Box, etc.
- Data-driven decision making and the ability to consider and position multiple pathways forward
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.